or Connect

Posts by Roguls

Got a new camera, so working on better pictures. Alden x Leathersoul Pitt Boot in Shell: Alden x Leathersoul Snuff Suede PT Flex Boot:
Fantastic stuff here. Wish I had the funds for that Belstaff.
Quote: Originally Posted by SirLurksAlot Are those the JCrew version of the 899? Where did you pick those up? Stock boot, in Oro-riginal leather. They are MTO from a Red Wing dealer; they're close to $200.
Quote: Originally Posted by spaceballs My Red Wing dealer can do it for $70 - which includes shipping and a factory resole. I had a pair (not IR, though) done for 55 just a few months ago...has it gone up that much?
Don't forget Wigwam and Darn Tough.
CDW drop. Shoes going on eBay this week. Make offer - I want them gone.
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulYAY explain? links? personally, I'm 145/ 6'1", eat 2500-3000 calories a day (high carb, low sugar and fat) and don't do any dedicated exercise. Aside from a high metabolism and being generally high strung (correlative imo), I also believe I have an extremely short digestive track. I've read a study out of Harvard by William Sheldon that was conducted in the 20's (?) that referenced autopsical evidence of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by RedLantern This. I dont think anyone was saying that eating a certain type of food will make you fat, more like if you are trying to get or remain slim, eating certain foods (like foods you have to prepare for yourself) will make it easier to manage caloric intake. Ugh, again, I disagree. I have consumed 5k+ calories/day for a week eating fewer than 150g/carbohydrates, and didn't gain a pound. I certainly did not...
Quote: Originally Posted by BBSLM Taubes is full of shit, cherry-picks his sources, and built his argument in GCBC on the false premise that fat people dont eat more than lean people, basing it on false data from the 80s. He's a disingeuous douche and his books are a joke. Anyone can make an argument that sounds convincing to someone who doesnt know any better. Just look at the bible. Again, you are completely wrong. Most of his research...
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw You get fat when you overeat and don't exercise. There, I saved you $15. You could not be more wrong. Read the book. Then read Good Calories, Bad Calories. Then read The Primal Blueprint and ascribe yourself to reading the blog MarksDailyApple.com. Then read Whole9life.com and The Omnivore's Dilemma. Get yourself acquainted with science, not what the media tells you. Thanks for sharing your...