or Connect

Posts by Roguls

What are those boots on the floor? I haven't seen a black shell ptboot with a reverse welt. They are awesome.
Based on that, I'd try 42 wide in P2 or Banana last (if they do G width in banana). If you have a high instep, then 3636 is for you, same size.
I would highly recommend Obenauf's HDLP or Montana Pitch Blend - get that beeswax.
Meister, those aren't rolls - they're creases. Here are rolls:
Meister, I hate to crush your dreams, but those are certainly not shell cordovan.
SVB, those last two fits are - to use the parlance of our times - bonkers.
Ok, I need to know now, because this is not common knowledge: what is Alden's "glazing?!"
Epaulet has 3636, F and P2 lasted shoes. Maybe U, too, I can't remember.I'm anxiously awaiting the P2 cognac pebble shoes to go on sale. One can hope.
Alden makes better shoes than Carmina and C/J imo. More character, better lasts, heavier aesthetic. The Carmina lasts are feminine in my opinion. I've had shoes from all brands.The Budapest makers are the best alternative to the Alden-favorites (boots, nsts, etc.). For straight up "business" balmorals, since I don't wear them, I'd just go AE on sale and polish them well. But Alden cordovan is better than cordovan from the makers you've listed, hands down. And the "flaws"...
Seriously. Though he needs a pair of low-tops, yo.