or Connect

Posts by Roguls

Sorry, Buddy, I stand by what I said. If you were to read more carefully, Mr. Free Thinker, you'd see I did not "disparage" them: I simply said they are nowhere near as good as Aldens. And they aren't. Even your amazing Daltons and Fifth Streets. I wear a pair of black Leeds now, but the 9901 is so much better than my Leeds - I just can't justify the 9901...yet.Also, reading posts with a bit of irreverence would go a long way for your health - we're talking about stupidly...
Allen Edmonds has a thread. I have owned some, worn some, and have one pair left that I'd like to sell. They are nowhere near as nice as Aldens. They offer a good value for a properly goodyear welted leather soled shoe made in the US. But if you can afford better, your feet deserve better. And their shell offerings, unless you get them as seconds or somehow on sale, are simply not a great deal when the same can be had from Alden or Carmina, whose lasts and craftsmanship...
Hehe, am I the only one to have seen Mike wear this exact setup? Walked into the LES store and was surprised. A Scot who just retired from my place of employ wore the kilt to his retirement party. This: EDIT: Though Mike was not wearing a tasseled leather fanny pack up front.
I just came back from Paris. A shitload of people wore Stan Smiths (I have a pair) and All-Stars (I must have seen 500 sets of feet rocking optic white). I had the black tennis sneakers from EP and they are insanely comfortable, well-made and stylish as hell. I'm copping the Snuffs as well, and do not regret it. If I had it in the budget, I'd get the white to replace the shitty Kent Wang and Stan Smiths I have for a clean white sneak, but I just can't do it. Eventually....
I'm close to your size, and so is Mike (owner of EP). You need Rudy. Sorry. Or you need to get Walt and heavily modify. At that point, you needed Rudy to begin with. And I'm coming to the realization that a really tapered look doesn't look good on people our size. Go for leg openings that are minimum 8, but preferably 8.25 - 8.5"
Went to Anatomica in Paris. Highly recommended, Charles is a real gentleman. It is a shame Alden does not make shell for Moulded Shoe anymore.
Oh man I will have to venture to Buday and Dink at some point. But Vass has been very good to me indeed.
huberd's grease. huberd's grease. huberd's grease. it puts the huberd's grease on its skin, or it gets the hose again.
blue collar, that bag is exceptional. Really.
Snuff trainers on the way to my house. I'm going to rock them in Tuscany and Paris, yes indeed. I need to sell some stuff because, honestly, all three iterations are amazing. The whites put CPs to shame.