or Connect

Posts by The Happy Stroller

Oops! I've overdone my attempt to convey a sense of understanding and humour and managed to rub you the wrong way with what I acknowledge was uncalled for sarcasm. My sincere apologies, CD. In any case, I've enjoyed participating in SF, but think it's time to get on. Thanks, everybody for all your helpful posts in reply to my many queries. Quote: Originally Posted by California Dreamer I think that's pretty uncalled-for, actually. I was only...
I see your point. PS, and bowties, too. And thanks for the tip on dressing properly for business in Oz Land. Fortunately, I am only a gentleman, i.e., member of the leisure class. Will it be OK to wear that PS when I meet my Australian banker to close my account which has too much idle assets IMHO? What about Candy stripe Seersucker suits? Quote: Originally Posted by California Dreamer ...... A little appreciation of Australian...
"Yes, Sir, I understand. But it's only a gift from my Mom/Favourite GF/Wife no. 5." Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I have heard a small number of people tell me that they have been rebuked for wearing pocket squares. All of them under 30, all of them working at investment banks. "Rebuked" may be a bit strong. More like, taken aside by a well meaning elder and told that it was not the done thing, unless you were much higher up. Others have...
Cotton? Drill cotton? If made from shirting material, that will be the ultimate in Summer comfort, especially if the noon temperature falls between 30 to 35 degreees Centigrade (84 to 93 degrees Fahrenheit). But you'll need a straw boater or Panama. Above that, a double-layer umbrella, too. Quote: Originally Posted by jufros cotton preferably but either way. I'm like a 38-40 with semi-broad shoulders but want a pretty tight fit.
Fusser's large book DRESSING THE MAN - MASTERING THE ART OF PERMANENT FASHION indeed has two sets of colour samples, one for shirt fabric and the other for suitings. However, the image for Oxford Gray Sharkskin shows a fabric that is lighter than even that for Medium-Gray Worsted In Plain Weave. This seems to contradict Manton's assertion that "Oxford is darker than charcoal, and quite close to black" in his post of Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:45 am in the London Lounge Wedding...
Red is the lucky colour this year. This Sunday is the last day of the fifteen-day long CNY. The first dish at the table will probably be a kind of Chinese salad with raw fish slices. You're suppose to use a pair of chopsticks to lift up the ingredients in unison with the other diners, shouting all kinds of lucky remarks that are good sounding for business. The higher the salad can be tossed, the more good Qi is generated. Quote: Originally Posted...
Perth, Melbourne, Sydney? Quote: Originally Posted by jufros Anyone know where to find a decent fitting spring/summer blazer? Preferably in a lighter color (tan, light green, light blue, etc) or some sort of plaid/madras thing. Thanks.
How about a Kentucky tie? Would that be more appropriate? Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Wearing it with a bowtie borders on costume. Tread carefully.
Dandyish? Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff I would wear a dark necktie, even a black or navy knit tie. Bowties with seersucker suits seem so...very.
Cute pattern, AC, and thanks, but now I'm thinking I may have gone overboard with the too-much self-face pattern scheme. Perhaps I should wear the candy blue bowtie with the candy red SS suit, and vice versa. Or, maybe I should consider selecting a bowtie colour that complements a shirt colour, e.g., green bowtie for a pale yellow shirt, purple bowtie for a mint green shirt. Any suggestions for a stylish SS suit look?