or Connect

Posts by que

Thanks for comments and help in spellin. In my excitement forgot to post the Ricci's. On a nonclothing thrift, found this at GW last night for around $12.00. Thought it was original art and did a quick net search, than thought i hit a jackpot. Took it to a small thrift store and they told me they believed it was a print but couldnt be sure bc it was under glass. The artist is Tamayo, who apparently is a famous Mexican artist, and that the print could still be worth...
I was reluntant to go out the day after Xmas thrifting figuring stores were overshopped but stopped in this one close to me and noticed the lady hanging some ties. I checked them out and noticed these. They were $1.99 so I said what the heck they are new. Is this what the call scraft print ties? On my way back home stopped at GW and said let me look at the ties and here these were, also 1.99 and new Dec must be tie month, heres a few others found this month. and my...
I was reluntant to go out the day after Xmas thrifting figuring stores were overshopped but stopped in this one close to me and noticed the lady hanging some ties. I checked them out and noticed these. They were $1.99 so I said what the heck they are new. Is this what the call scraft print ties? On my way back home stopped at GW and said let me look at the ties and here these were, also 1.99 and new Dec must be tie month, heres a few others found this month. and my...
I recently posted this coat in the thrift thread , but it might fit best here. This coat cost me $5.00 on half price day, seems like new and fits me perfect. It appears that it was purchased in 1956.
The GWs today had 50% off, and this coat cost me $5. Close examination shows alot hand work. Can someone point me in the direction of how I can find out who the maker for NM was at this time. The coat appears like new and fits me like custom. There are no moth holes or snares. The original owner got it in 1956, and I love it.
The temperature been in the 80’s here so there may not be a need for this here but found this recent lambskin Marc New York leather jacket. This jacket has a zipout quilt lining and appears to be worn less than ten times. The original owner fell on his shoulder and elbow and scratched the jacket and blamed the jacket and threw it away. In my size and for $17 what the heck. Also this heavier, I think also lambskin leather coat. The tags have faded away but I believe...
I was out of state for the month of Feb and was Jonesn to get back to my thrifting grounds. Here are a few of my finds when I returned. F[URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1405077/width/350/height/196][/URL] id/1405103/width/350/height/196 way to small for me Slew of designer sunglasses for under $2 each [/URL A vintage new projector with all its orginal packaging and accessories for $12 Two pair of Florsheim Cleat in my size and this 50% off winter wear...
Recently there was a post stating how the thrifting in Richmond, Va sucked. I know hes not lying because Ive done that. Unfortunately, for me, soon I will be moving out of the thrifting mecca of DFW to Richmond, my home town. To fend off the anticipated Jones', I made my last past thru some of my favorite haunts over the last 10 days. I was looking mainly for winter wear, here are some of the highlights of what I found (in addition to those suits). Pendleton Overcoat...
Salleys here have what they call hard tags where there good stuff is priced and is not controlled by date sales. I made a trip outta of my hood to one Friday, who apparently was over stocked with these hard tags, they were having a 50% off sale on them. To my disbelief, in my size, there were about 6 suits from the same donor. I bought three of them which I posted. The suits fit to a tee and cuffed perfect. The suits are all tagged 44R, were from Neimans, double...
Thanks for the comments on my suit post, and thanks for the talk on the Barbour jackets, as that is a brand that I woulda overlooked. I stopped in on the neighborhood Gw 50% off sale this Wednesday and found this as they were bring it out and got it for $3.00. Its nice and loads of pockets. Also found a like new pair of grey Oxxford trousers for 7.00 that make me want throw away all Zanellas. I like to know who affords these things at retail. [/URL ]