or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

I remember our school police officer clotheslining some girl. She had just bashed another girl's head into a window and took off running down the hallway, and he just crushed her. It was funny at the time. Would look bad if it popped up on World Star without any context.
I'm ok with that though, it's just marketing. Like having pork rinds labeled LOW CARB.
It's such a dumb thing too, like somehow changing genes through selective breeding is "more natural" and healthier than cutting out the middleman and doing it directly. We've been fucking with nature for thousands of years, we're just a lot better at it now.
I think your typical voter has certain expectations that politicians just say some shit to get elected, but obviously there are limits to that. Republicans are in a trap right now where harsh language on immigration is necessary to win the primaries, but hurts them in the generals. Not sure how they get out of that, other than "waiting for those old white people to die."Ataturk informed us that the only reason anyone votes Democrat is for pie division. Those are not...
I got the Trump/Sanders conversation threads crossed up.The Atlantic article seems to reinforce what I was trying to say, that Sanders is winning among people who don't usually vote in the Democratic primaries but are coming out this year.Hillary is seriously limping towards the finish line. It's still going to be hard for her to lose, but coming into the convention with a bare majority and a losing streak is not going to be good for her. If she was running in any other...
If you look at actual policy, not all that much different from Democrats, really. But the rhetoricI think it's one of those cases where you have a split between what the party establishment wants and what the "base" wants. Rubio was the establishment candidate, after all, but there was a lot of pandering to "the base" with talk about how tough they were going to be on immigration. It's easy to develop a public perception of being anti-immigrant when listen to the...
I haven't voted GOP in awhile, but I'd certainly welcome that kind of course correction. Maryland's governor is a Republican, and he's acting as needed balancing force to a somewhat overly progressive Democratic agenda around here. A rational, 21st century Republican party that wasn't pandering to old fearful white people would be a useful force in American politics.Republicans often just assume that anybody who isn't white is a Democratic voter, but there's nothing...
I believe that the financial disclosure numbers don't include retirement accounts, which would make his numbers reasonable if not inspiring for his salary.
My favorite Facebook feminist has probably lost 70 lbs over the last two years, mostly by exercise. She used to post a bunch of HAES stuff, now it's all "you go gurl, be a strong powerful woman!" stuff.
Tied on what metric? I pulled up some favorability surveys from March and Hillary is ahead of Trump on almost every front. She's still historically bad, but Trump is even worse.Something like 24% of Democrats would be disappointed if she was nominated, but an actual majority of Republicans would be disappointed if Trump was.That's certainly a glib interpretation.