or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

There are studies about this, but we don't seem to be learning.http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118285/workaholism-america-hurting-economyOne of the more self-destructive elements of American corporate culture, especially when your job requires creativity or critical thinking.
Google seems to release new versions that are completely crippled, then fix them very quickly. They released a version of Google Maps on Android that was completely missing the Navigation function. It'd give you directly, but only from overhead. It took about two days for it to get fixed. I have no idea how they missed something that fundamental.
First World misanthrope problems.
Sexy robot bodies, like fusion, are always 30 years away.
Most of High West's offerings are pretty good. Michter's US#1 rye is very enjoyable.I like Rittenhouse a lot for mixing.
My wife does the shouting thing, then gets mad when I don't hear her.I employ this novel technique called "walking down the stairs."
Back in college, my roommate and I played the same online game. We commonly used voice communication to play with the rest of the team. One time, everyone else had left and we continued talking to each other. Over comms. While in the same room.
We just need to combine Fang and why for some sort of titan of arbitrary American hatred.
My water bill always say that I'm using way more water than average, despite only having two people in the house and never watering my lawn. I'm not sure who these "average" people are, but they must not bathe much.
I see that in the lab a lot. You've got people who just try something and see if they can get it working, and people who want confirmation on everything. Ups and downs to either. When you group 'em up, every combination has something going for it except two people who want confirmation. It slows work to a CRAWL, because they're now independently raising separate issues that need confirmation, and neither is confident enough to act as confirmation for the other.