or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

In the DC area, it's pretty common to see 6-10 adults living in a townhouse. They're usually sending money home too, but you couldn't really afford to live around here on $10/hour without splitting housing with other people.I don't know how anybody who works a physical job could do two jobs. I did landscaping for a summer and I could barely move when I got home. That was often 10-12 hour shifts though.
And "make a living" is a pretty damn vague term. You can "not die", but it's going to be a bare bones kind of living. That's a bitter pill when the average standard of living is so much higher.
Picking strawberries or working landscaping is going to suck no matter how much it pays.Especially in agriculture, it's not really tenable to pay labor at rates that would actually draw American workers in. You're competing with Third World labor rates, but the work has to be done in the US.That kind of thing makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist. You know the fed isn't actually printing out money, right? They don't need some elaborate mechanism to shuttle physical...
It literally is the best thread for information about the fine opportunities offered by Farmers insurance. You literally cannot find a better source on the Internets.
Dialing wands are fat phobic. We need larger buttons to accommodate a range of finger fatness.
The allegation wasn't that all cultures aren't equal, it was that increased Hispanic immigration is making the US have higher inequality and more corruption. Because Hispanics are bringing it with them and it's contagious or some shit. That's an....aggressive statement.You're getting pretty lazy with the "leftist" ad homs.
TIL a new ethnic slur.
I remember our school police officer clotheslining some girl. She had just bashed another girl's head into a window and took off running down the hallway, and he just crushed her. It was funny at the time. Would look bad if it popped up on World Star without any context.
I'm ok with that though, it's just marketing. Like having pork rinds labeled LOW CARB.
It's such a dumb thing too, like somehow changing genes through selective breeding is "more natural" and healthier than cutting out the middleman and doing it directly. We've been fucking with nature for thousands of years, we're just a lot better at it now.