or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

Running over a turdle produces a very different sound from running over a turtle.
They get like seven counties in and around DC. Hah.
I can't see how it would be worth bothering with decent beans if you're not going to grind at home before brewing. It's kind of a shame roasters even offer it, although I get why they do.
Yes. There's a big difference. You greatly increase the surface area of the bean and expose a bunch of areas that would have been sealed up inside it. It makes it go stale much faster.
Yamazaki and Hibiki are like 40% more expensive this year than last year. Damn trendy reviews.
On the subject of approachable malts, Aberfeldy 12 is quite nice for the money. Nice bourbon barrel profile (could mistake it for sherried) with a little hint of peat to keep it honest.
Cold brew without dilution is like free based coffee. I can't imagine drinking it straight unless you're doing little espresso-sized cups. I made a pretty strong batch my first time out and didn't adequately diluted it, and got the same deal Booth got, dizziness, racing heart, etc. Also had to race to the bathroom like two minutes later, so there's that.
That adequately describes my expression whereupon ordering of Starbucks.
A lot of people "step up their coffee game" by getting a Keureg. A decent swatch of the country that "likes coffee" is still buying pre-ground beans from the grocery store in five pound bags. People don't know any different. Starbucks is the good stuff for a lot of people.Alternatively, there just aren't better options in much of the country. I'm right outside DC in a rich county, and there are barely any local coffeeshops around where I work. It's Starbucks or making...
Hah.