or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

Seems like a lot of that probably just comes down to population density. It's safer to stay in the rural south than to have been the descendant of someone who moved into a city in the north. Probably the same reason that Appalachia has fewer murders than the inner city, despite having endemic poverty and drug abuse.There were plenty of racially motivated policies outside of segregation too. Housing discrimination happened in most (if not all) the northern cities.
I'm looking forward to the next couple months of comments from Trump now that he doesn't have to be "boxed in" by his advisers who actually wanted to win an election.
The Trump campaign is in full "Baghdad Bob" mode right now.What can they say, really? You can't come out and say the campaign is a dumpster fire. The funny ones are the network shills, especially the ones that flipped to Trump during the primaries. They're not even being paid by Trump, but they have a role to play on TV, and by God they're going to give it a go.
One of my buddies is a field engineer for a laser company. Half his job is trying to compensate for lies told by the salespeople to get a sale.
Primary polling is never that good. They don't run as many polls, if nothing else.It'd be a much bigger story if the general election polling was significantly wrong.
It's still August and we're already at the blaming the polls stage. Neat. It's amazing how polls end up accurately predicting election results despite being so biased. They must be really good at creating narrative.
You understand that slavery was not the last form of legal discrimination against blacks, right? Blacks were being legally and openly discriminated against within the last 40 years.It's not like Jim Crow was some kind of secret. Why ignore modern discrimination, other than to deliberately minimize the problem?
Scott Adams (Dilbert guy) was sucking his own dick about how smart he was for predicting Trump was going to win the Republican primary and then the general. He was the guy who coined the "Trump playing 3D chess" line, and was always assigning some shrewd (unknown) intent to all of Trump's actions. Now that Trump is obviously flailing, he's backpedaling.Adams was pulling the "I'm so much smarter than everyone, so I'm right" card instead of Moore's "I have unverifiable...
The modern state of the black community is pretty heavily influenced by overtly racist policies that were in effect within the last generation. The government was employed to keep blacks away from whites, keep them poor, and keep them from developing any political power. Blacks were pretty much legally excluded from the huge economic boom of the 50 and 60s. People really think the legacy of that lasts less than a single lifetime?Whether you agree with the conclusion or...
Or if you're poor and a couple hundreds bucks in tickets makes a difference.The Ferguson investigation showed that the police were basically out for revenue, and that it (coincidentally, I'm sure) came disproportionately from black residents. Can't imagine why a community might feel discriminated against when the government is instructing the police to fleece them for dumb bullshit on a regular basis.