or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

I'm saying it would be a somewhat practical approach to creating a multi-tier league that would make relegation possible. Right now the NBA has monopoly power over basketball, which is something that I don't believe exists in Europe. The leagues exist around the clubs, not the other way around like in the US. You'd either have to have the NBA create a separate-but-inferior secondary league or end the monopoly. I don't see them doing either.As far as more competitive,...
Ok, so all the teams can that can promoted are independently owned. There aren't any independent lower league teams in basketball. You'd have to scratch the whole system and start over, and there are a lot of interests in there that have no interest in changing the system.(lol parody)Probably the "easiest" way would be cut the size of the league. Create a lower league by eliminating the bottom 10 teams (or just half the East hah) and then relegate/promote some number...
The D league isn't even a separate league, all the teams are owned directly by NBA teams and used for their own purposes. They're not there to be competitive in their own right. Promoting one makes no sense at all. Imagine you get Spurs-A and Spurs-B in the same league, with both getting draft picks and owned by the same people. It'd be absurd. Makes as much sense as promoting the NCAA champ to the NBA for a year.It works to the extent that it does it Europe because...
I'm starting to get irritated with a lot of Google products, especially the Android versions. They'll take something totally functional and completely break it in an update, or shuffle things around in ways that leave critical functions difficult to find. I don't want to have to relearn the interface every couple months, just poor design. Every once and awhile you get a new cool feature that makes a big improvement in the app, but those are rare. Also on the desktop...
Don't know which thread this best belongs in... Just saw on Facebook that someone I know named their kid "Aryan." I wonder if they Googled that first.
There was an article in The Atlantic about thathttp://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/07/lebron-james-salary-caps-and-the-european-free-market/374527/Turns out capitalism is bad for competition. I don't think Americans are really all that interested in a system where the best teams get better every year. We like to pretend that's not how it works in real life and we sure don't want to see it in sport. The downside of our system is that it creates...
Relegation would require some kind of massive change in the whole structure of the league (all the pro leagues in America). We just totally lack all the secondary caliber leagues that European soccer has, so there aren't any teams to bring up. The minors/D-league are just feeders for the pros, not independent and competitive leagues of their own.
I must have gotten a bad batch. Had some Sweet Tangos earlier this year and they were MEH.Asian pears are awesome but I can't get over paying two bucks apiece for them. All these expensive fancy apples are probably two bucks apiece but they sell 'em by the pound so it doesn't bother me. Psychology!Dunno, Honey Crisps seem to have the same texture as other apples to me. Maybe you got a bad one.
Honey Crisp Apples are awesome. Clearly the superior apple.
Make sure to wash real good in the morning, you don't want any dipstick incidents.