or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

Price/value has always shifted around for different liquors as demand changes. Bourbon used to be the almost unquestionable value king, with stuff like Pappy sitting on shelves untouched at $55/bottle. Now it's ridiculous, even if you can find the good stuff. Scotch has been good QPR for the last couple years, but they're falling behind on demand now. Rum has a pretty good value proposition these days, more premium offerings but it hasn't been smashed by huge global...
It's such a hodgepodge. We keep slapping bandaids onto a system that was never really comprehensively designed in the first place, it just evolved over time. An underappreciated downside is just how much time and energy consumers have to spend dealing with all this. You have to make yourself educated on a bunch of insurance and tax details that just don't exist in other systems. Comes into play on the provider end too, so much money gets spent on billing and...
We have a lot of diabetics around here....I'm pretty lucky for insulin, it's like $90 for three months. It's kind of annoying having to pay the brandname surcharge when there are no generics even available, but at least I can do mailorder now.Pump supplies though, good lord. I think I'm spending $2500 a year now, with the CGM.Dexcom CGM is pretty awesome. Quite accurate, good response time, comfortable, stays good for 7-10 days no problem. Not perfect, but a lot better...
I messed up my plug but fortunately it's pretty robust and I managed to bend it back into shape.I finally caved and brought my over the ear headphones with me on my last long flight. So worth it. I hate having earbuds in for hours at a time.
Those things are awesome for traveling. I was using the USB outlet on the plane to recharge mine The 777 headphone port is in a really stupid place. Why would you have a plug go perpendicular to the armrest and stick into the seat area? It's just asking to get guillotined by your leg. Just put the stupid thing on the headrest where all the other infotainment stuff is.
The real Eames is a short chair. Even the "bigger" version is only two inches taller. They're not really designed to support your head unless you slouch. Can't say about that particular knockoff, but even the real ones are a lot more comfortable after they break in for a bit. The foam gets more pliable, the shock mounts give you more flex. It's pretty rigid out of the box, but you get just enough flexion to make a big difference in comfort. Some of the knockoffs have...
Feels > reals.
Five Thirty Eight is only giving Hillary a 38% chance of getting 50% of the vote, based on current polling anyway.
This is one of the first results on Google for Eames knock-offs, so it kind of makes sense. No doubt many of them are shills (a couple of these companies are notorious for planting forum posts), but there are a lot of real people who are interested in knockoffs.Plycrafts are pretty obviously not Eames though, at least for anyone who is going to recognize an Eames.I guess some people might just like the Plycraft on its own merits, but it's hard to figure there isn't...
Why not just find a different chair at that point? There are plenty of comfortable chairs that aren't trying to be an Eames, but failing at it. Plycrafts to me look like someone tried to copy the Eames but didn't understand what made the design work in the first place. It's some weird Frankenstein chair. The proportions don't end up working, and the effect is jarring. Doubly so for people who are expecting the traditional Eames proportions.