or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

It worked to get him elected. Now he actually has to be President. That's a totally different ballgame.He doesn't get to try out 50 different approaches to every topics when he has actually make decisions instead of just Tweet and hold rallies. All it takes is one stupid decision on an important subject to do a huge amount of damage.
Trump's vindictiveness is really one of his worst qualities. Dude is going after the CIA because he decided he didn't like their conclusion about Russia. Of all the things for a President-elect to be using his political capital on...The Donald is like a cult. It's freaky.It's going to be really interesting seeing how the mainstream Republican Party reconciles their policy priorities with Trump's. It might work for awhile, since Trump really has no ideological...
Yeah, it was sort of encouraging when Trump was flailing in the polls. Then they totally caved, and I don't see that changing.Pretty similar arc with the Republican party. Is anybody really standing up to Trump? We'll see if Lindsay Graham, Rand Paul, John McCain, etc actually vote "no" on anything, or if they're just all talk.
Did I intrude on your safe space?Sorry bro.
The media bias narrative is a pretty powerful tool. The media's really the only check on politicians, and Trump has pretty much defanged them for a large fraction of the country.They did some of it to themselves, but man, the absolute glee Trump supporters take at discounting anything from "lamestream media" is worrying. People ought to recognize that we need checks on the President. It's for damn sure not going to come from Fox and Breitbart. I guess if "punishing...
If you watch Trump's rallies, he really does have that sort of bullshitting salesman's charm. I don't think he cares about trying to distill it into something "scientific" like those other fucks, he just throws shit at the wall until something sticks. He pretty much found his platform by doing that at rallies.The thing now is that he basically has a cult following that is convinced every horse turd he flings at the wall is solid gold. Guys like Mario don't want to...
The only way I could see a Trump impeachment is if he tries to drive the party too far away from what the establishment Republicans are comfortable with without balancing it by giving them some freedom over the legislative agenda.If he lets them pass stuff like Medicare and SS "reform", they're no way they touch him even if it radically alters the Republican party forever. This is their moment in the sun and they're going to capitalize on it at almost any cost.
It's interesting how you can often tell what kind of media someone consumers just from their vocabulary. Modern media is so targeted that they work unique vocabulary into their messaging. People can identify whether they're reading something from within their circle almost immediately. The media can train people to respond to certain phrases.I have to break out the decoder ring to read stuff like Breitbart or pajamamedia, there are just so many internal talking point...
That sort of signaling terminology is great. You can almost automatically discard those people's opinions without further consideration."Cuck" is another good signal. It's like running out a banner that something with the intellectual equivalent of a 12 year old on XBox Live is forthcoming.
There's not any particular reason to pin the comparison to 1910. I don't know the politics behind why and when they added electors back in the day, it seems kind of sporadic. It might be interesting to look at thresholds that induced additions in the past. There's an interesting coincidence about 1910, it's actually pretty much dead on the year that the US became majority-urban. It wouldn't surprise me if that's why the adjustments stopped then, the rural states...