or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

I don't think this is the right treatment of Trump.He's not running on policy. The only recognizable policy he has is "Build That Wall," and he's not going to roll back on that. He's running on his personality, and that's something he can't change. He's going to continue to be a gigantically arrogant asshole who routinely says stupid shit. A "pivot to the middle" doesn't fix his problems.It's actually kind of funny, nobody in CE really seems to really have anything...
I think it's intuitive than subpar economic conditions would encourage voters to consider voting against the incumbent party, but clearly it cannot be the sole determining factor for who wins. It would be extremely difficult to determine how heavy the thumb on the scale is, simply because of the limited sample size and the number of compounding variables. Color me skeptical of economists who try to pull out determinative models like this.So, sure, Republicans probably...
Especially when one of those demographics is "women."
Those are the same kind of models that predicted Romney would win, so I would take them with a pretty heavy grain of salt.They're just throwing correlation factors into a machine and tweaking it until it spits out the right winners, but the sample of size of modern presidential elections is so low that the predictive power is pretty much nil.I'm a lot more comfortable looking at the electoral map and trying to figure out how a Republican pulls out 270. Trump is almost...
I haven't bothered to look at the Bernie claim, but it's not exactly audacious to assume that offshore banking for tax evasion was going on in that part of the world. Wasn't it a barely concealed secret?I mean, there's a Simpsons bit about Krusty having a Cayman Islands holding company to avoid taxes from 1996 of all things.
The convention is going to be extremely interesting politics. They could certainly come up with a more apparently viable candidate (Cruz doesn't have much chance to win the national race either), but you really have to wonder if Trump and Cruz voters would actually vote for the final nominee. They're coming out to vote for these guys because they're not party mainstream, and if some establishment figure who didn't even run gets the nod, I could see many of them being...
That's explicitly been their strategy for months now. Mathematically, Cruz can't win and certainly Kasich can't. I think they're required to do the brokered convention if no one gets a majority, so having the other candidates stay in is a tacit acknowledgement that brokered convention is the plan.They have people openly wondering whether it would be better to lose the election than to nominate Trump. They see nominating him (and almost especially if he wins) as being...
Working out and gaining a bunch of mass totally messed up my throwing motion. It was like my body totally forgot the motion, had to retrain everything to get it back.Swinging a bat still felt natural though.
I love that "Oh shit they found out" look he has when they ask him about the company.
I remember seeing people in Georgia driving around with pieces of cardboard that said "Tag applied for." It was pretty funny, never had to buy a car down there so I never knew if that was the real process or not.