or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

Been drinking a lot of Rusty Nails recently, along with tapping my Negroni and Vieux Carre casks (coming along nicely, after two months). Vieux Carre had gone a bit flat and I had to dose it with some more bitters, especially the Peychauds. Nice and rich now. Went through a bottle of Dewers 12 (which is not bad). Does anyone have a favorite scotch to go with Drambuie? Thinking about going with a Johnny Walker Black (or Double Black?) for the next go around.
Cross posting this in the What are you drinking thread: Been drinking a lot of Rusty Nails recently. Went through a bottle of Dewers 12 (which is not bad). Does anyone have a favorite scotch to go with Drambuie? Thinking about going with a Johnny Walker Black (or Double Black?) for the next go around.
I really like A'bunadh. The cask strength gives it a big leg up, can play around with the water to get just the right profile for your taste. I like Aberlour 16 in the summer, but I keep going back to A'bunadh for sherried Speyside. I love cask strength juice in general though.
Ommegang Adoration winter ale. I'm not as much into beer as spirits so I don't have the vocabulary, but this was very good. Lots going on with the spices but you can still taste the Belgian ale under it. I like winter ales and this was the best I've had. Doesn't taste 10% ABV either.
I hate gift cards. I always end up with like $5.83 left on them, and it's a pain to zero them out so they never get used. They're just laughing all the way to the bank. That lack of fungibility is how they double-dip on making money on those damn things.I've been getting Visa Gift Cards recently and I just use them to buy Amazon gift cards. They get applied to my Amazon account and then can just get spent as a credit and not as a form of payment. Much easier to zero...
furbaby would be acceptable as well.
But I was just having such a tough time man, and this little furry angel totally brought me back up to life and salved my wounds and now I live for my snookums! (That one is also good because it gets the little humblebrag in there for rescuing a dog)
New York is also literally the center of the universe.
Well, Steve Kerr doesn't think they can win 72. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12029115/golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-says-no-way-team-matches-chicago-bulls-72-win-season
The point here is that relegation is not the only solution to tanking, and is way WAY more complex than the other possibilities.Only 22 teams have ever won out of 77, so that's not much different than the NBA. Kind of silly to say that 30 could win in any given year. It takes a huge infusion of outside money to turn a mediocre team into a contender, and that's something that's impossible with the NBA system. "Relegation" doesn't fix that, removing the salary cap and all...