or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

I can't quite articulate exactly how far politician ought to be able to get away with that, but "say literally anything, it's just campaign talk" doesn't quite ring right. Anybody with some political sensibility is going to understand that politicians stretch their goals for the campaign, and swing right/left (respectively) during the primaries. But you generally have a picture of what they stand for and who they are. Trump's given us nothing really. The only constants...
That's the thing, right? He's a chimera. You could assign any belief system to him and pull statements that might support it. And the people who buy that are often the same people who loath Hillary for being a shifting in the wind politician. They even acknowledge that Trump does it, but give him points for it somehow.I've noticed something this election cycle. I voted for Bush twice and Obama twice, but each time, I could find arguments supporting the other guy that...
So, uh, Medwed's bizarre personal definition of war hero aside, a question related to military service and Trump: How do people think he's less of an interventionist than Clinton? Aside from "not actually having a voting record," his public statements sure don't paint any kind of picture of a guy who is actually planning on restraining US use of force. He's repeatedly called for annexing portions of Iraq (and Syria) and taking their oil. He's still talking about...
Pretty sure it's just another "greger gonna greger" situation.
Heroes are the soldiers who died. Hmmm. That doesn't do much good for their political careers. I was reading an article analyzing Hillary's campaign thus far. (NY Magazine "Did Hillary's Campaign Have to be This Hard?") and it brings up a good point about the situation she's in right now, and will be in up until the convention. She's kind of hamstrung because she can't really fight Bernie, since she's needs his supporters. But Bernie's fans want anger, and all he...
I like the idea of zoos, but they're usually miserable. A bunch of bored, stressed animals. Hordes of people. The smell of urine and shit. My best zoo experiences were going on the DC zoo on the weekdays as a kid, and one visit to the otherwise lame zoo in Erie PA during a blizzard. We were literally the only people there. The animals, especially the cold weather ones, were acting very differently from what you'd normally see. The red pandas were play fighting with...
They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do.
You ready to finally start earning some real money?
Oh, ok.
Hypothetically it's possible to not like Trump without being a dyed in the wool Hillary fanatic.