or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

Add another entry to the "Autistic" tally.....
Been drinking a lot of Rusty Nails recently, along with tapping my Negroni and Vieux Carre casks (coming along nicely, after two months). Vieux Carre had gone a bit flat and I had to dose it with some more bitters, especially the Peychauds. Nice and rich now. Went through a bottle of Dewers 12 (which is not bad). Does anyone have a favorite scotch to go with Drambuie? Thinking about going with a Johnny Walker Black (or Double Black?) for the next go around.
Cross posting this in the What are you drinking thread: Been drinking a lot of Rusty Nails recently. Went through a bottle of Dewers 12 (which is not bad). Does anyone have a favorite scotch to go with Drambuie? Thinking about going with a Johnny Walker Black (or Double Black?) for the next go around.
I really like A'bunadh. The cask strength gives it a big leg up, can play around with the water to get just the right profile for your taste. I like Aberlour 16 in the summer, but I keep going back to A'bunadh for sherried Speyside. I love cask strength juice in general though.
Ommegang Adoration winter ale. I'm not as much into beer as spirits so I don't have the vocabulary, but this was very good. Lots going on with the spices but you can still taste the Belgian ale under it. I like winter ales and this was the best I've had. Doesn't taste 10% ABV either.
I hate gift cards. I always end up with like $5.83 left on them, and it's a pain to zero them out so they never get used. They're just laughing all the way to the bank. That lack of fungibility is how they double-dip on making money on those damn things.I've been getting Visa Gift Cards recently and I just use them to buy Amazon gift cards. They get applied to my Amazon account and then can just get spent as a credit and not as a form of payment. Much easier to zero...
furbaby would be acceptable as well.
But I was just having such a tough time man, and this little furry angel totally brought me back up to life and salved my wounds and now I live for my snookums! (That one is also good because it gets the little humblebrag in there for rescuing a dog)
New York is also literally the center of the universe.
Well, Steve Kerr doesn't think they can win 72. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12029115/golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-says-no-way-team-matches-chicago-bulls-72-win-season