or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

That was pretty much my point. All civilizations have their own problems. One of them for democracy happens to be "the voters can vote themselves free shit."
It's an articulation of one problem with democracy, but democracy is still better than all the alternatives. In the long run, every civilization has failed. I don't think the conclusion is "civilization is doomed."
The original setup of the Founders barely lasted 50 years, so it's rather hard to say that it was a "common sense sustainable solution." Nearly the entire history (and success) of our nation happened with the ideal of elections by the common man.But I'm sure I'm just being a contrarian .
That's quite a system you have imagined there.Do we disenfranchise retired people? Temporarily unemployed? Homemakers?
I think Hillary has been fighting the urge to spike the football. Gotta cut loose a little after restraining yourself during the debate, I guess.
There's a movement against those upper level classes, basically on the logic that it takes away from resources that could go to lower performing kids. One of the WashPo education columnists takes this philosophy.Maybe just because I hugely benefitted from those classes, but I hate that logic. Dragging the average up a few points (maybe) while crippling the top performers seems like an awful tradeoff. It's bad on a personal level and an economic level. Really not...
We're not explicitly allowed to filter people based on race and class anymore, so now we just use educational background and networking as proxies.Neat!
I kind of have a hard time taking an off-hand comment in an email chain that wasn't intended for public consumption as a real allegation of voter fraud.Caususes are always a shit show and I have no idea why states still use them instead of primaries. There's so much insider wrangling that very little would surprise me. So much of it is ground game and organization. The funny thing in this context is that Sanders did better than Clinton, proportionally. It's not really...
I have no idea, I'm not really going to bother wasting 16 minutes watching it. A quick skim of their site doesn't inspire confidence. Not really going to invest time in watching content from a source that looks like typical conspiracy dreck.
Charisma is the most profoundly overrated criteria for electing a President.That site certainly looks credible.Hrmmmmmm.The answer is apparently "They bus in registered voters." Quite diabolical.