or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

That would have been a lot better article if it had included the results of polls from previous elections.
How much crossover does Trump really have with the Tea Party? He fails most of the Tea Party ideological purity tests. The "anyone but the mainstream" attitudes are kind of similar, but Trump's pulling in the alt-right weirdos and people from the Rust Belt who aren't core Republican voters. It's going to be interesting to see how they recover from this. The Republican Party identified these concerns with the Republican Autopsy after Mitt's loss, but they weren't able...
The Brisbane Moss Heavy Cotton Twill fabric is really nice. Substantial without being stiff or bulky.
Floral gins always come off strange in Negronis for me, and the cucumber note in Hendrick's really clashes. The first Negroni I ever had was with Hendrick's and I didn't want to finish it. A lot of the modern style gins suffer from this, they're extremely hit or miss in different cocktails. I like juniper forward traditional gins for a Negroni. Plymouth works nicely. I like Broker's a lot, especially at the price point. I like Punt e Mes a lot, really layers on the...
Whether you were serious about it or not, people certainly make that attack. It's coming up against with Hillary this year, with Trump saying he'll be the 'candidate for coal miners" whatever that means.
Someone make a running count of all the times Nick has reminded us that technically third parties exist. It gets more insightful each time!
Apparently Ann Coulter released a book entitled "In Trump We Trust" this week. She states at one point in the book that "there's nothing Trump can do that can't be forgiven, except change his immigration policies." Perfect timing! She went on a huge rant on Twitter as he talked through his supposed pivot.
Yet another stirring success from Kickstarter. I'm sure all the people who funded that two or three years ago are really excited.
The coal industry was boned regardless of regulation, especially with their failure to adapt to changing market conditions with the natural gas revolution. Kind of funny watching so-called personal responsibility types bitch about "Obama killing the coal industry."It was never just coal anyway. There were lots of one industry towns in Appalachia. When the mill (etc) closed down, they had nothing else there and the government really didn't do anything to offset that.