or Connect

Posts by Gibonius

Remember back when you needed yellow cake and ambiguous documentations and such to sell your lies? Now you just...say stuff.I think it's really related to echo-chamber media. The right has been working on it for awhile, and Trump finally co-opted the whole process and took it to the ultimate dishonest extreme.They're getting pretty sophisticated with it. We're getting this grab bag of rationalization. Facts don't matter, different people have different facts, we're not...
Scottie Nell Hughes.Never heard of her before, but it's pretty much the party line. Gingrich had a similar line after the convention.Trump had a similar one during the rally last night. Talking about how "crime is at a 45 year high", which is just totally false.I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Make up whatever you want. I just hope that people don't get saturated with all the lies and start normalizing this stuff. It's just amazingly bad news to have this stuff...
A Trump surrogate on NPR yesterday came up with this gem while talking about Trump's "millions of fraudulent votes" lie.Neat. This is the world Trump and his goons are going to push, one where it's utterly irrelevant whether a claim is true. What matters, on their side anyway, is whether people believe in it. I mean, we pretty much knew that already, but it's rarely so explicitly formulated. Say whatever you want, and just deny that objective reality exists.This is...
I like how Stein raised more money for the recount than she did for her whole campaign. I bet some pro-Clinton SuperPACs had money left over and just dumped it into Stein's effort. Why the hell not?
The Breitbart article in question has this absolute gem of a quote, especially in light of this conversationIt'd be hilarious if it weren't so tragic. This is in an article that's a stereotype of cherry-picking narrative-driven bullshit.Not that most climate articles people on the left quote are any good either.
In StyleForum related Trump news: He's using Scotch tape to keep his tie together. Because he wears his ties too long. Ahhhhhh.
On top of the combination of being black and a Democrat, Obama does have that whole "college professor" vibe to him a lot of the time. I could see how the anti-elite types might really fixate on that about him.You had Republicans getting run out of office by other Republicans for not being partisan enough. The Speaker of the House had to resign to quell a Tea Party rebellion and keep the government running. Being resolutely anti-Obama at the cost of everything else was...
I do seven minutes, but I mostly do lighter roasts.I have a double walled French press. Makes a huge difference.
It's a short walk. He gets a real one after work I do set a timer. My wife gets it if I'm still outside (rarely).
+1. That's a good solution from the technical side. Just make sure to measure the light source without the fabric in the way first as a baseline.razl's point about the human perception is good too. The machine is going to "see" things differently than humans. A more coarse metric based on human perception may be more useful in the end.There are some very fancy industrial fabric spectrometers out there (eg, this), but they're more for factory applications and look...