or Connect

Posts by Peacoat

Expensive. They are fashion garments styled after the peacoat but not true peacats.
The first thing you need to do is to get an accurate measurement of your chest. My peacoat dating guide has a section on fitting toward the end. It also gives directions of the proper method of measuring the pit to pit that you can send to the seller. This takes a lot of the guess work out of buying online. The guide is linked to in my signature line.
If you are 155 lb., a size 42 is going to be waay big on you. For comparison, I am 6', 190 lb. with a well proportioned, athletic build, and a 42 regular is a good fit with a sweater. Without a sweater, a size 40 regular is a good fit. My chest measures 42".
I would certainly think so. All quality jackets and coats of this type are lined in the sleeves for easy entry and exit. If it is a real concern, I would send an email to customer service.
I have posted the link to lint brush in a prior post, but don't know where it is. When I get back to my computer this PM, I will see if I can find it.
Don't know what you mean by the armholes being too high. High armholes are a good thing, as they give more freedom of movement for the arms without the jacket riding up. Now, if the armholes bind against your armpits, that isn't good, but I have never seen that problem.Don't know about the fit of the Fidelity, but I think it is cut a little larger than the Sterlingwear, which is higher in quality. Most of the civilian peacoats are going to be cut large to fit the...
Why don't you see if Gail, or someone else in customer service will give you a pit to pit measurement, using my instructions for a proper measurement. Then you will know exactly what you are dealing with and won't have to guess at the actual size of their L and M.Yes, it is a size 40. The pit to pit is about .25" larger than I would have expected on that era coat in a size 40. But then, it may have been stretched a bit over the years.
Bigsink: I think a size 44 will be too large for you. My guide recommends a size 42 (assuming the pit to pit is within specs) for wearing a sweater underneath, and a size 40 for just a shirt.
See the guide that is linked to in my signature line. There is section on sizing near the end of the article. With your height and chest/back measurement, you will probably always have problems getting a coat to fit.
Yes, a simple job to take the sleeves up and make them shorter. If you are wanting to lengthen them, that can be done as well if there is sufficient material inside the cuff. May cost $30 to $50 by a tailor and maybe just a bit less by a seamstress. Depends on where you live of course.