or Connect

Posts by Peacoat

Quote: Originally Posted by VictorC Thanks. The coat comes down to about the bottom of my buttocks. It is not so cold now in England, and as i am wearing it, i cannot tell if it would be especially warm. I am sure it will be but it doesnt feel like it would be. Because there doesnt seem to be much in the way of lining. There is space between one's body and the liner of the coat. That's why I recommend wearing a sweater (jumper) under the...
Quote: Originally Posted by VictorC What do you think of this one? Do you thin it fits good and looks ok? It is 36 regular genuine vintage trends coat. Not in great condition though. http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ick_occonnell/ Coat is good--camera suks.
Quote: Originally Posted by fobe46 Hi guys I am trying to pick up a sterlingwear authentic peacoat but unsure of the sizing they have. I am 5'10 and 137 lbs and usually wear chest sizes 38. Should I follow their size chart and get a size 40? Thanks! I believe most of the posters here have said to stay with one's own size or go down a size with the Sterlingwear. I haven't heard any say go up. I only have one civilian Sterlingwear, and it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mreggen So I took it to my tailor to get an experts opinion. His first words were "Wowow, too big". We still proceeded to take a look at what would have to be done, all the while he went on and on about how nice the coat was, especially the kersey wool , he had some french word for it that I dont remember. Basically he ended up having to taking it in so much in that the arms would have to be taken off etc, making it cost much...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight Re the pea coat, how many buttons is it traditional to fasten? To the 3rd row, or just the 2nd? While seated, I leave the bottom button unfastened. This relieves strain on the threads. I normally fasten all of them if I will be out in the cold for any appreciable amount of time.
Quote: Originally Posted by VictorC I kind of think peacoats dont look complete without a submariner sweater. Or at least a fishermans sweater of some sort. Yes, that certainly completes the look.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight Hello All, Could I have your opinions on the fit of this peacoat? Thanks Length and width of the torso are OK. Leaves enough room for a sweater (jumper) underneath. Sleeves could be longer; might be too short with a sweater underneath. Good fit in the shoulders.
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalDan I think I am in between a 38 and a 36 [a 37?, really, but a 38 is just the right type of snug when I have a sweater/sweatshirt on underneath [which is usually the case when it's peacoat weather since its a winter jacket after all]. I think part of why my sizing seems to be somewhat throwing you and others is that I think my shoulders are relatively wide and/or built for someone with my size chest. I remember trying...
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalDan WOW am I glad I held out. Today went to a couple more vintage stores and got what appears to be a crazy steal for $50. 99.9% mint (one small moth graze), lining in perfect shape, length of the sleeves is perfect, corduroy pockets (not the khaki/camel ones that I love, but the less-seen dark green similar to what a lot of corduroy pants are done in...approximately this color:...
Might be enough extra in the cuffs material to lengthen the sleeves? But they really ought to get the measurements correct.