or Connect

Posts by Peacoat

Quote: Originally Posted by stalinkipz ive decided on getting a sterlingwear authentic peacoat. my chest measures 36 inches at rest and 37 inches inhaling. im 6 feet tall and cant really figure out how to measure my sleeve length and coat length because im getting things that are way different than what they offer on the website. so im thinking about getting a size 36 coat because thats down one size and should be nice and fitted, but i have no clue...
I am down to 15 or 20 peacoats. And yes, they are all vintage except one Sterlingwear civilian peacoat and maybe one or two current issue military Sterlingwear.
Quote: Originally Posted by VictorC Yes the burton peacoat wasnt that warm i think. Plus it doesnt have the button high at the collarbone, so you cant button the flap to keep your upper chest warm. I havent got a parka though. I may consider getting one though. But ive got too many coats now though i think. A man only needs one coat, a pair of shoes and a bed the saying goes i think. A bed is the most important of those items. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by syang451 Hi, i recently bought a pair of red wing 9011 from bakershoes, i was going to size to 9 as recommended, but i wanted to put in a insole, so the salesman recommended i size to 9.5 which is TTS. When i have my foot in the 9.5 sized 9011 without the insole their is some heel slippage and about the width of a thumbs space if i push my foot all the way to the front. However, with the insole, the fit feels much better...
Yes, the jumper will need to be wool. The thicker the better as it will take up more space. -5 C is good peacoat weather with the sweater. Although I'm not familiar with the Burton, I think you will find the vintage peacoats are more wind and water resistant than any other peacoat on the market. Also warmer if they are well fitted or worn with a sweater (in the UK, a jumper). I have spent many a cold night in NYC with a peacoat and a sweater and never got cold. Our...
Quote: Originally Posted by VictorC Thanks. The coat comes down to about the bottom of my buttocks. It is not so cold now in England, and as i am wearing it, i cannot tell if it would be especially warm. I am sure it will be but it doesnt feel like it would be. Because there doesnt seem to be much in the way of lining. There is space between one's body and the liner of the coat. That's why I recommend wearing a sweater (jumper) under the...
Quote: Originally Posted by VictorC What do you think of this one? Do you thin it fits good and looks ok? It is 36 regular genuine vintage trends coat. Not in great condition though. http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ick_occonnell/ Coat is good--camera suks.
Quote: Originally Posted by fobe46 Hi guys I am trying to pick up a sterlingwear authentic peacoat but unsure of the sizing they have. I am 5'10 and 137 lbs and usually wear chest sizes 38. Should I follow their size chart and get a size 40? Thanks! I believe most of the posters here have said to stay with one's own size or go down a size with the Sterlingwear. I haven't heard any say go up. I only have one civilian Sterlingwear, and it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mreggen So I took it to my tailor to get an experts opinion. His first words were "Wowow, too big". We still proceeded to take a look at what would have to be done, all the while he went on and on about how nice the coat was, especially the kersey wool , he had some french word for it that I dont remember. Basically he ended up having to taking it in so much in that the arms would have to be taken off etc, making it cost much...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight Re the pea coat, how many buttons is it traditional to fasten? To the 3rd row, or just the 2nd? While seated, I leave the bottom button unfastened. This relieves strain on the threads. I normally fasten all of them if I will be out in the cold for any appreciable amount of time.