or Connect

Posts by Peacoat

You have lost me. A 44 should fit a size 44 chest, but there is a lot of variation in the sizes as stated by the manufacturers. With a measured chest size of 45.5 you should get a good fit with a size 44 (23.25 p2jp) or a size 46 (p2p of 24.25). The size 46 may be a little large on you.Instead of having the seller give you the stated size of the coat, try having them properly measure the coat and give you the p2p measurement. This measurement will give you 1/2 of the outer...
With a non standard body shape, you will have problems finding a peacoat (or other fitted coat/jacket) that is a good fit for you. Perhaps the below text will help you find a fit. Peacoats are designed to be trim fitting garments for the military physique. I have found the tag size on vintage issue peacoats is usually an accurate predictor of how the garment will fit. There are exceptions, however, and I have written this to help obtain a good fit for a peacoat bought...
My peacoats are all vintage midnight blue, and my beanies are all navy blue or dark grey.
The demand has to be there for a manufacturer to offer it. As the Navy no longer uses Kersey (to save money), there just isn't much demand for it. It has fallen by the wayside. Go vintage. There is plenty of Kersey there.
Do a Google for Fidelity Peacoats. You will probably find what you want. They are still mass produced and are widely available.
That tag is not from an issue coat, and neither is the coat you linked to on eBay. It is the same style as the issue coats beginning in 1945, but is not the genuine article. May have been made by Fidelity for the fashion civilian market.
Shoulders and body appear to fit well. Don't know if a jacket would fit under the shoulders, though. They are a good fit as is.
I think the Buzz Rickson will be your best bet. Although I have never handled one, I know they are of high quality. I believe the Sterlingwear WWII repros are a lighter weight wool, perhaps a wool/nylon blend? It is a slippery slope when one gets away from the originals.
WWII peacoats are hard to find, but worth it if you can find one in good shape. They are built a little tighter than the more current coats. If you want to layer a sweater, then go for a size 40. If you will wear it with just a shirt underneath, then a 38 ought to work for you. But quite frankly, you probably should grab whichever size you find first. Back then size 38 was the most popular size as the men were smaller 70+ years ago, and they were young and had not put on...
You are certainly welcome. Glad it worked out for you.