or Connect

Posts by Peacoat

Yes, that is actually the p2p of a size 38, and a large 38 at that.I can't find the measurements I have for the size 34 and 36 peacoats. I remember the size 34 coats have a p2p of 19", which is larger than we would have thought. And I think I remember the size 38 coats had the standard p2p of about 20.25" to 20.50". That would mean the size 36 coats have a p2p of about 19.75". That is what I would expect to see from those three size peacoats.Maybe someone with a size...
Now I am confused. I thought the coat you got was a size 36? For a size 38, a p2p of 20.75" is just a little large. I would expect to see about 20.25" to 20.50", but it is still in the normal range.
Interestingly, the size 34 and 36 coats have different p2p than we would normally expect. As I remember, the size 34 coats have a p2p of 19", and the size 36 coats are close to 20". I have three size 34 coats, both vintage and current issue, and they are all at 19". Can't remember the exact measurement of the size 36 coats, but I think they are almost 20". Yes, please post the p2p of your coat when it comes. Try to be accurate to 1/4".
Looks like a good fit to me. I am surprised you have enough room for a sweater, having gone down to a size 36. When I drop a size for a tighter fit, I don't have room for a sweater. That may be a "large" size 36. Your tag should be a U. S. NAVY label, which is my favorite label. Don't you just love that Kersey wool? It is top of the line.
Finita: It is a loose copy of a WWI peacoat.
Jhnkago: I'm not that familiar with the Schott products, so I can't give advice there. Didn't even know they had a 751 that was slimmer fitting than the 740.
I have never had one, but have heard the Schott fits like a box.I agree with Spaghetti that the SterlingWear would be a better choice for a trimmer fit.
You got a keeper. Congratulations. PC.
That is a beautiful, probably unworn, 1949 peacoat. I give it that date because of the style of the tag and the N140 prefix. I have one just like it, and it is a confirmed 1949 issue coat. That year has the best Kersey of all the years I have had. Congratulations. Every now and then even blind root hogs find an acorn. You did well. See my link for dating these coats below, and I believe, also in my signature line. And, BTW, welcome to the...
Peacoats should cover the butt. Not sure yours does. Also looks a bit full in the torso.