or Connect

Posts by Peacoat

Not really sure a "market value" can be assigned to an item such as that. Depends on how badly you want it. I would say $250 to $500 would be a fair price.I had two WWII coats a few years ago. One wasn't in perfect shape, but it was in pretty good condition, all things considered. A friend of mine had been looking for a WWII coat for over a year without success. He wears the same size as I do. I gave it to him. Now he has one and I have one (WWII coat, that is).
I think the overall length is fine as is the torso fit. As you noted, the sleeves are a bit shorter than I would like, but still doable. There is probably enough material at the cuff for a seamstress to let it out a bit if it is going to bother you.
Yes. Will cost about $45 depending on where you are located.
Glad you got to wear it, and that you guys won.We had a little over 12" of snow in the mountains Friday night, so peacoat weather is here. The Tennessee mountains are about 2 hours to the east of me, so I wasn't affected by the snow, but it was a cold and windy day here in Middle Tennessee.
I would shorten the sleeves and leave the rest alone. Looks good.
Yes, I am sure acclimitization plays a part. Also important in my situation is the fact that I am, as my wife says, "easily chilled." Whether I am on a motorcycle, on horseback while fox hunting or sitting in a football stadium on Sunday afternoon, I usually feel the cold more than most. Don't know if it is due to lack of substantial body fat or internal temperature regulation, but I am sensitive to the cold.
There is no way to know if this coat will fit you without knowing your chest measurement and if the seller has measured correctly--usually not. Below I have provided you a link to my peacoat dating guide. Toward the end is information on proper fit, and instructions to the seller for the proper method for measuring the p2p of pea coats. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?35824-PEACOAT-DATING
Yep, this is not the coat for cold weather. Even the vintage US Navy pea coats have a limit on cold weather wear. What helps them out in temps much below freezing, is to layer with a sweater. I find that for me, that is about the cutoff. Below about 25, I find I need a sweater if I am not going to be walking.
Most jackets and coats that have a trim fit will pull when one is reaching forward or overhead.
I don't even try.