or Connect

Posts by cglex

One of the Alden lasts says it will accomadte a high instep. I forget which, but check their web site or call them. Shoemart stocks lots of Alden for their online store. In the meantime, do what my podiatrist told me to do - when lacing your shoes, in the middle of the instep area, skip a crossing and thread the lace vertically. It releifs the pressure a bit. Don't ignore the problem. Too much pressure in that area over time can fray the nerves that lead to your toes...
Go to a good optical shop and they will fit you with frames and lenses that won't make you look creepy. My refraction along with my need for high quality progressive lenses, limits me to a grey and an amber that are both on the light side in tint. Curved lenses are out. They don't make me look creepy.
Lambswool wears much better than Shetland, it is much softer too. It is a different style. Shetland wool is much courser than lambswool and has a thicker, but not denser weave. My Shetland from Murray's has held up better than the one I got from the Andover Shop. Also, The Andover Shop and J. Press Shetlands are "brushed," or made to look worn. The Murrays is not brushed. I don't like the brushed ones, but many people do.
Since some of these posts go back several years, now my question, how are your Custom Hide bags holding up? Would you buy them again? Time to replace an old Hartmann bag of mine.
Find a good optician who knows his stuff. Try on what he/she recommends and narrow the options from there. There is no substitute other than hit or miss.
Pants should be judged by fit, materials and construction in that order. Fit is more a function of the tailor than the maker. MTM or any other form of custom done right will be better than otr, even for pants. For OTR, since the same maker will often offer a wide range of fabrics and the maker's label will often not be on the garment, it comes down to the the local shop and their tailor and selection. Given your question, this is probably not the answer you are hoping...
It is a versatile color. However, picking clothes and accessories for women is rarely successful and often suicidal. For women, brief cases are fashion accessories and not tools of the trade.
I have a different view on these pants. They need to go. Why? The pants are too tight in the thighs, maybe waist and I am guessing the seat. A looser, more proper, fit in the thighs and the pants will hang better and not look so bulky in the legs. Break is completely dependent on the shoes, so I can't advise there. You don't have a slim frame to go with slim cut pants so don't try. The bad news is that if you let out seams on khaki's there will be visible and...
I gladly paid $800 for my sun glasses. Most of the money is in the corrective lenses. I do know something about the eyewear industry as I liquidated a failed marketer/distributer of branded eyewear. The direct variable costs of my sun glasses is probably less than $50. Realistically, I could not find what I bought for less, as any business that tried to sell for less would go out of business. First, the cost of the purchase experience. I went to my local optician,...
I skimmed the the posts, the the OP clearly has no clue what he is doing. Nobody does when they start buying suits, so the place to start is a traditional men's store that views the suit one buys and its fit as a walking billboard. The OP will pay a bit more, but it will be worth it. The OP mentioned a store that carried Samuelsohn, a fine brand. These day's old line men's stores seem to be either geared towards traditional cuts or more Italian styled cuts. While, I...