or Connect

Posts by Racing Green

Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth What is the VAT rate in Ireland and are they refundable when shipped outside EU? 21% in the Republic and I think it's back up to 17.5% in the North. VAT is refundable from both jurisdictions as far as I'm aware.
Winstanleys are long gone I'm afraid. A famous name from my childhood along with Blackthorn in Dundalk who still have a shop but I'm not sure if they're still manufacturing. Never heard of Tuttys, will have to do some investigating.
Quote: Originally Posted by Motorsport226 Vintage Rod Laver from J Crew. -226 Hmmm, let's see, a) they're a classic and b) they're from J Crew. That's a double strikeout on SW&D. You'd be better off with some $700 clown shoes from Lanvin for that all important "being laughed at on the street" aesthetic.
Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy The people who wear it untucked probably love the legnth as it is not too long. Yeah, that's how Lacoste polos are supposed to look as far as I'm concerned, a little bit scruffy. That said I'd never ever wear a polo tucked in.
Browsed their Ebay shop a few times but only just seen the 'Made in Ireland' brogues. Kudos to anyone still making shoes in Ireland. These look very nice - http://www.robinsonsshoes.com/robins...178-77-370.php
Quote: Originally Posted by b-ill For anyone needing to clean their unlined chukkas... IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube...
Uniqlo jeans looking well Ga-vroche.
Not forgetting this chap, colour's not a million miles off - My wedding suit was an OTR Gieves & Hawke in airforce blue.
Quote: Originally Posted by southbound35 I bought a pair of Tyrwhitt shoes a few years ago. At that time, I believe their shoes were made by Loake. That would have been my guess. Cheers.
Quote: Originally Posted by B|aze Don't post in the WAYWRN because of the general somewhat hateful vibe on SF I do post in the WAYWT on AACF sometimes though Crikey, you want to take a look at the SW&D WAYWRN for a hateful vibe. The resident Macbeth's witches on there have it down to a fine art. I think MC's WAYWRN is a bit cliquey but far from hateful. I just don't fancy putting pics of myself on the internet. While I'm here though...