or Connect

Posts by Gotham Historian

I have a few sets of Frette as well. I have the cotton sheets and my main ones in rotation are the Doppios (I think it's called that). They are super soft and feel silky smooth. I didn't go with the linen sheets because I think they were $1500, not that the cotton sheets are cheap at clost to $1000, but I think I bought them on sale. I took exquisite care of them but the flat sheet and the pillow cases suffered some tears at the hemstitched borders after 2 years. I...
I want to revive this thread because I don't have time to hit the stores as regularly as I would like to and I still want to know about the sales in Chicago. I know that some items are on 40% off at Barney's Men, but most are not. Dior is 40% off, but Prada is not. I don't think Lanvin is on sale either. I haven't had a chance to check out other locales. Is Jil Sander on sale yet? What about George Greene? Or Gucci? Please update as you find out information. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mild Mannered That look is going to be dated so quick, and not repeated for another 30 years. Man, don't do it unless you have money to burn, and are under 30. Actually, I think it has a very classic look and will be usable for quite a while. It seems to be something that people of all ages can pull off, ironically, I think it will look better on the more mature wearer.
Alinea is definitely a place to be experienced. I made reservations about 1 month in advance for a Sunday night. Its dress code is jackets for men. The long "tour" menu is about 3-4 hours in duration, but it's a lot of fun and very memorable. Moto is similar to Alinea and is located in the Fulton Market district. The menus is equally long and takes a similar 3-4 hrs according to reviews I've read on yelp.com. Moto's sister restaurant Otom is right next door, cost...
I have the Anna wine bottle opener, also from Alessi, all metal, very solid
I've seen the Black Series Simmons and they are super nice. My bed is very low profile and the mattress is too thick for my bed. I ended up getting the Simmons Beautyrest Classic with the plush top (not the pillowtop) and it's incredibly comfortable. Anytime I go out of town and return to my own bed, it's always vastly superior to everything else (even when I visit my folks and sleep in my old bed in their house). A lot of reviews I read when I was shopping for...