or Connect

Posts by AThingForCashmere

If losing virginity is defined as the first orgasm, I lost it to my right hand and one of my dad's cashmere v-necks. If it means the first sexual experience with someone else, I was 12 and he was 14. As for experience with the opposite sex, one time I got as far as third base before I started feeling nauseous.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG I don't. I just think CE is what happens when you get a bunch of people together who have strong viewpoints and a place to express them in semi-anonymity. I also try to avoid advising the mods. This is not my forum, and I don't run a forum, so I don't really feel qualified to give them advice. If I did have some bit of advice, I wouldn't provide it in front of the rest of the forum, I would do it via PM, as I don't think...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas You are full of fantastic ideas. Have you considered starting your own forum, somewhere else? I'm trying to be a part of the solution here on SF instead of part of the problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas I would like to propose a split of the Trans Mod Thread into 2 subthreads. One will be the actual Transparent Mod threak, where mods post bannings and people can report tech issues. The other will be the one for petty debates, tattle-taling, and threadshitting. We can start by moving this post there. I'd go further and propose doing away with the Trans Mod concept altogether. It amounts to a circle...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG Again, then, I ask what the difference between thread shitting and disagreement is, and how creating two subfora, between which there is free movement, would solve the problem. This recommendation would result either in the complete segregation of differing political ideologies, or it would maintain the status quo, only people would know they can visit subforum xx if they want to agree with everyone or yy if they want to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG I'm claiming that you can't create two subfora and expect that to cover everyone. Political ideology isn't as binary as many people seem to believe. This would make it impossible to find two subfora that would be inclusive of all the current CE folks. I'm also claiming that it would be impossible to moderate, and your framing of my political ideology is a perfect example of this. You continue to insist that I'm some sort of...
At this point I'm hoping to hear from a mod on the idea. I'm in no way saying SF (or any other privately owned/operated forum) should not have its own political bent, the problem is that newcomers don't know about this bent, and liberal members are reduced to carrying on political discussions via PMs.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG I agree. The best way for a person to learn about another person's experiences and viewpoints is to stay as far away from them as possible. This is how I learned math; I just didn't even open the book. Hell, I didn't even enter the room when the book was there. Snark aside, and beyond the fact that I think it's absurd to split the forum that way, it would be a logistical nightmare. Who decides who posts in which subforum?...
I'd like to hear from a mod on the suggestion. If two political groups is a bad idea, at least create one, to offload all the catfighting from CE.
I respectfully submit the following: From what I can see, nearly all the ongoing flaming and angst in the CE Forum result from political discussions and political differences among users. To reduce this problem I believe SF should consider subdividing the CE Forum and creating two separate forums, specifically for political discussions, one for Republicans and the other for Democrats, or one for conservatives and the other for liberals, or any similar designation that...