or Connect

Posts by BlueWord

Quote: Originally Posted by Lel By the way, do people really get that much trouble about the way they dress from strangers/friends? I get the feeling that in those cases people probably aren't well dressed... Well, it all depends, of course. At the core of it, it all boils down to; do people notice that you're dressed in a different way? And, if they do, are they going to criticize you for it? It depends on the standard dress where you live...
Definitely. Shoes, more than anything else, make or break a look; you can dress up all you want, but if your shoes look like shit, or don't mesh with what you're wearing, it's going to look like crap. Though, I suppose I should say that it's less the quality of the shoe, and more the context. If you can make a shoe work with what you're wearing, then it's like anything else. But, like I said, I really think that shoes are perhaps the one thing you can't afford to mess...
Quote: Originally Posted by scribbles I have a pair of the sand suedes too and I had been meaning to spray them with a waterproof protector, but it slipped my mind and wore them out one day without checking the weather forecast. Needless to say they are covered in small dark brown spots and if anything they look 100 times better than they did brand new. Picked up a pair of beeswax from Nordstrom Rack yesterday ($49.99!) and I can't wait to beat the hell...
Quote: Originally Posted by JMRouse I agree. I think people size down a little too much around here and getting shirts tailored instead would provide a better all around fit. J. Crew has pretty good quality for the price - I'd argue that it's practically unmatched as far as quality/$ goes - but I feel like it's not quite at the quality at which I feel like it'd be worth getting it tailored. It's a shame, really, since most of this stuff looks...
I usually don't hear much from my friends. There are comments every now and then about something or other, but I usually take it in stride, and it's generally not criticism - or, if it is, it's more like a playful jab about how I overdress or something. More often than not, though, I hear nothing; it's just generally excepted that I dress a certain way, and it's not anything outlandish, everything just fits well. I suppose the slimmer cut in my clothes might lead to more...
Quote: Originally Posted by Razele Guys this is all a political play. In Australia at the moment, we have a large amount of contested federal seats in an area that polls as being HUGELY conservative. Known as our bible belt, in South Australia. Essentially everything these days is aimed at marginal seats. So ATM it's all conservative stuff like this legislation, internet filter, mandatory two year data logging, ID cards etc etc. I've...
They're also offering some "Raw Selvedge" in their Matchstick cut, Kaihara denim.Right Here. At that price, you're probably better off grabbing some APC's or something, but I'd love to see what these look like.
Quote: Originally Posted by Some consulting guy Yes, thats what I have been thinking. I have searched the forum, but still have 2 questions: Where is the best place to buy them currently? What is the consensus with sizing? I read one or two sizes down from usual sizing for APC, but also read they will stretch a bit with wear? Thanks APC NS sizing works roughly like this; subtract two from your waist size, and then an additional size if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by deem Can anyone comment on the quality of the denim on the Blackbird Hazelwood jeans? I am interested in picking up a pair, but I haven't been able to find too much info about them. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Blac...ean_16042.html No experience with them, but I've always thought those slanted pockets were a turn-off.
Frankly, I'm sort of glad to see selvedge denim become more widely available. Selvedge never equaled quality, anyway, but at least this says that people up top are paying attention.