or Connect

Posts by EBugatti

I own over a dozen Church's, several Trickers, and several C&Js. I would say I really like the fit of the Church's (the 73, 100, and 173 lasts in particular), but think the leather is better on the Trickers and C&Js. So comfort wise my choices would be (1) Ch, (2) Tr, (3) C&J, for look/leather (1) C&J, (2) Tr, and (3) Ch. But you can't go wrong with any of them. To NYR--how did you find the Trickers Monk tight? I find the 5 fitting to be quite wide--wider than the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Borrelli Travelsmith RRL RL So Vox, I guess this is what you mean by "shivering" right? Sorry Moo... couldn't resist... after Vox and Srivats were going at it on pant length, you pulled out all the stops on yours! But, as I've said before--to each his own. Variety is what makes personal style interesting.
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast This is pretty cool. I came back from Mauritius a couple of weeks ago, and the benefits of the long break are still with me. Well worth doing! And welcome back! This is very good. Nice bowtie!
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Vacation day! Time to leave NY in time for 9" of snow for some (hopefully) shoe damage in Paris.... I love pre-gaming on $4 Chardonnay at the airport lounge Sounds like a fun trip! Except that looks a bit dark for Chardonnay... Cabernet, perhaps?
Quote: Originally Posted by mjHession anyone who prays, pray for my Dad; He busted a bunch of ribs. He is going to be okay, but he is in a shitload of pain and having spasms of some sort. Had a 5am meeting today, and it was cold as hell when I left. Sorry to hear about your dad. Said a prayer for him--hope he has a speedy recovery. Looking good! My only nit... ditch the pocket square on the topcoat. You already have one on your...
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto Was anyone else troubled by this post? Quote: Originally Posted by Mannix I thought that was your T&A...saw it a long time ago and have been coveting it ever since. Mannix is referring to NYR's Turnbull & Asser vintage jacket (T&A). Not something else...
Quote: Originally Posted by ajv I know it's rather late, but was pretty busy the whole day. I had a meeting this morning didn't know what to wear, casual, but not too much, then I remembered some pics of yesterday and decided to pull up a kind of "hommage". Here it is : details : coat : bespoke, wool and cashmere inspired by a covert coat sweater : zegna, cashmere shirt : bespoke, oxford bow-tie : local producer, silk pants :...
Very simple to get Ray Bans with mirror lenses. Buy the standard pair, and have the lenses crafted specially. I have a pair--with blue Zeiss polarized reflective lenses. Get compliments all the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie So we should all aspire to dress like people did at some arbitrary point in the past? There's a big difference between a "deep break" and your pants hanging perfectly straight because they're too short. Given this is a site that is ABOUT looking good, I just can't get my head around this infatuation with short short upturned pants w/ huge cuffs. Yet I should be ostracized for not going along with the...
They're pulling your leg... Incotex pants are at Bergdorf's and Barney's. Run from $295 - $350 or so depending on the fabric. It's all about the fit. While many brand-name cotton trousers are very full cut and shapeless, Incotex's are trim and well designed, although others are definitely getting on the slim-fit bandwagon of late--see RLPL, RLBL, Zegna, Etro, Borrelli, Slim-fit RL Blue Label, etc.