Posts by EBugatti

Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Vacation day! Time to leave NY in time for 9" of snow for some (hopefully) shoe damage in Paris.... I love pre-gaming on $4 Chardonnay at the airport lounge Sounds like a fun trip! Except that looks a bit dark for Chardonnay... Cabernet, perhaps?
Quote: Originally Posted by mjHession anyone who prays, pray for my Dad; He busted a bunch of ribs. He is going to be okay, but he is in a shitload of pain and having spasms of some sort. Had a 5am meeting today, and it was cold as hell when I left. Sorry to hear about your dad. Said a prayer for him--hope he has a speedy recovery. Looking good! My only nit... ditch the pocket square on the topcoat. You already have one on your...
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto Was anyone else troubled by this post? Quote: Originally Posted by Mannix I thought that was your T&A...saw it a long time ago and have been coveting it ever since. Mannix is referring to NYR's Turnbull & Asser vintage jacket (T&A). Not something else...
Quote: Originally Posted by ajv I know it's rather late, but was pretty busy the whole day. I had a meeting this morning didn't know what to wear, casual, but not too much, then I remembered some pics of yesterday and decided to pull up a kind of "hommage". Here it is : details : coat : bespoke, wool and cashmere inspired by a covert coat sweater : zegna, cashmere shirt : bespoke, oxford bow-tie : local producer, silk pants :...
Very simple to get Ray Bans with mirror lenses. Buy the standard pair, and have the lenses crafted specially. I have a pair--with blue Zeiss polarized reflective lenses. Get compliments all the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie So we should all aspire to dress like people did at some arbitrary point in the past? There's a big difference between a "deep break" and your pants hanging perfectly straight because they're too short. Given this is a site that is ABOUT looking good, I just can't get my head around this infatuation with short short upturned pants w/ huge cuffs. Yet I should be ostracized for not going along with the...
They're pulling your leg... Incotex pants are at Bergdorf's and Barney's. Run from $295 - $350 or so depending on the fabric. It's all about the fit. While many brand-name cotton trousers are very full cut and shapeless, Incotex's are trim and well designed, although others are definitely getting on the slim-fit bandwagon of late--see RLPL, RLBL, Zegna, Etro, Borrelli, Slim-fit RL Blue Label, etc.
After reading this thread, I can only think how far men have fallen in the world... It could have just as easily been titled: "Do you wear the pants in your household?"
I wear a suit every day, but do take the jacket off and hang it on a hanger. I put the jacket on for client meetings, business lunches, etc. Have done this for the past 20 years. In fact, precisely for this reason, I wish they still sold suits with the second pair of pants (not just MTM/bespoke) like the old days. I find I eventually wear out the pants but the jackets are fine... When I started working, you had to wear your jacket if you left your office room--you...
I like them. I always get compliments on my RLPL Keatons and PS Phineas Coles in particular... Have a whole bunch of each.