or Connect

Posts by S. Paul

Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 My experieince with UPS is different. In December, I took delivery of 2 G&G shoes via UPS. Got hit with a $43 custom duty...no brokerage fee Interesting, thanks for sharing. The UPS rep I dealt with seemed to indicate that if they get involved with clearing your package through Customs, the fees apply. Cool that you only owed import duties. As there are many, many categories of import, do you know...
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 Fed Ex and UPS get dinged with fines by U.S. Customs if they do not properly process import duties. I have never heard of their financial incentive via a processing fee. I don't know about the "dinged by U.S. Customs" part, but UPS definitely has a financial interest in processing import duties - they get to charge a minimum of $25 brokerage fee to the receiving party for doing so. Also, there...
Definitely agree with what others are saying here - for very high quality cottons you can expect that even his cost may be $20 to $40 per meter (or more!), with somewhere around two meters being needed for an average shirt? I've been looking around lately at some fabrics and Sea Island, for example, can be had for about $24/m...but then those other factors such as weave come into play and turn fabric selection into a maze of options. Sean Paul
mccvi, thanks for your perspective - I totally didn't see it coming across that way but now that I re-read my posts I see that they could appear as other than intended! Appreciate the heads-up and will definitely keep that in mind in the future. thanks, Sean Paul
I don't think the Edit feature will let me replace my original button pictures in the first post so here they are - these do a better job of showing off their brilliance! It is very tricky to capture the light at the correct angles to show it off but I hope this helps. Enjoy, Sean Paul
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Lovely buttons! Thanks Fishball! Shipping information updated, after sending an order out I found that the cost for CONUS less than originally anticipated. Packaging in these bubble mailers is perfect - very robust. New (much improved) photos coming soon today! Thanks, Sean Paul
I'm a new member to the Style Forum, having just joined in late 2009 after searching the web for a place to buy thick MOP buttons for some shirts I was having made. I have been lurking since then, learning quite a bit on here and appreciating the laughs some members provide. I'm looking forward to becoming more involved with the Style Forum community. On to the good stuff. I have found a line on beautiful, thick Mother of Pearl buttons from an excellent supplier. ...
After unsuccessfully trying for a month to get some MOP buttons from Naturlaut II, I had to turn to other sources in order to get the buttons I needed for shirts I was having made. As a result, I now have a line to a fantastic supplier and already have in my possession a substantial order of beautiful, thick MOP buttons. Due to shipping costs, etc. it made sense to order in bulk. Therefore I have amazing MOP buttons available to the members of this board. I will create...
Quote: Originally Posted by creampiggy Not really. I will keep SF members informed. Hmm, interrrresting, verrry interesting... yes, please do! cheers, Sean Paul
Quote: Originally Posted by badsha Is the button source from Singapore? Just curious. I know the buttons you are talking about, they seem to be quite amazing but then again the price is very high for 5mm ones! Creampiggy, please keep us posted if you do indeed get them. Meanwhile, to keep on this thread, I have still not received any buttons and it has been 5 weeks since payment. I have been forced to put in a Paypal dispute and can...