or Connect

Posts by S. Paul

Those eBay buttons might be pretty cool, the price is certainly right. The first link you sent seems maybe a little more appropriate but that's just my opinion. Also, there is a seller on this forum, Nauterlaut II, who is doing a for-sale on nice thick Horn buttons right now. However, it may only be for black and deep brown colors so if you want to stick with navy then I'd say give those eBay ones a shot. Seems like you got the blazer for a great price, why not try it...
If I was just going to wash one pair of jeans with Woolite Dark, I'd use about a teaspoon or a little under - a capful is waayy to much for one item and only a little water in your sink (or tub). Splattered, maybe try another wash to see if a second attempt helps the smell? Sean Paul
Looks like a great blazer! Do you have any other pics that show the buttons currently on it? SP
I have a couple shirts like this too, made by a tailor in Malaysia a couple years back when I was over there for work and didn't know any better. In fact, I'm wearing one of them today and ironed it this morning, turned the dial just a touch lower than usual. I always wash them on gentle cycle in Cold water and hang dry. The stays in this shirt may indeed be glued in there but after about ten washes they are still firmly in place. No issues yet with any marks...
Great photos and a very stylish gent indeed! Thank you for sharing and may the rest of his time be peaceful. Best to you and your family, Sean Paul
Quote: Originally Posted by ppllzz thats cuz you have a 10 inch drop;;;;; no tshirt will fit you well 10 inch drop?? I must be missing something...
Made a quick run to the mall yesterday and tried out the Express undershirts to see how slim they were - to me, the answer was "not very". The Medium is acceptable in fit around the waist but too slim at the shoulders, and the Large was ridiculous (at least, on me). I would not put these in the "slim" category. Also went by the Gap and found out from a salesperson that they no longer make a "slim cut" version of their plain t-shirts. I tried a couple of them on just...
Even if it has been discussed before, this is an interesting topic. It certainly seems clear that members of this forum do have a strong opinion on labels - but does that apply just to OTR clothing? In other words, if you are going to purchase a MTM shirt online, and you are the sort of person that does prefer your clothing from Italy/England/U.S.A. (as examples), does that mean you would automatically gravitate towards, say, Proper Cloth, since they are apparently...
Quote: Originally Posted by columbia92 Just curious, the process of making the shirt itself shoudln't take 4 weeks. It should be something like a day. So any idea why is it they can't finish their production in like 3 days and ship the order? Good question. I've been thinking of ordering a Proper Cloth shirt as well and have been reading up on them. Seth is a member here on the Style Forum so perhaps he will see this and respond. My guess...
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnGalt 2xist Interesting - are the 2xist shirts really a slim-cut? I'm sort of in the same situation as the OP, still have not found a truly great fitting undershirt/plain t-shirt. Seems like I'm always in between the Medium and Large sizes because the Med is a bit tight at the shoulders but the Large has way too much fabric around the waist. Thanks to the members with suggestions here, I'll have to look for...