or Connect

Posts by S. Paul

Price drop on all Buffalo horn buttons!
Thanks for your interest! Yes, I still have all the white and smoke MOP buttons shown in my thread available in stock. Please let me know if you have any further questions, cheers,SP
Hello, the answer is Yes. I only offer real Mother of Pearl shell buttons. They are among the thickest available anywhere and are cut from Australian oyster shell.The backs are made "clean" during the drilling and polishing phase at the factory in Italy, which means there are no rough shell pieces left. You may be thinking of Trocas shell buttons, which are much more likely to have those dull pieces left on the back. Some lesser quality MOP buttons may also have...
Finally, the Buffalo Horn suit buttons are here! The horn is sourced from India and the buttons are drilled, polished and finished in Italy. Style 1: The "Sleek" These excellent horn buttons are smooth with a wide lip around the outer edge and a slightly curved back. The finish is a semi-gloss and I have both black horn and brown horn to choose from. The "Sleek" horn button comes in sizes 32L and 24L and is 3.8mm and 3.2mm thick, respectively. The black horn "Sleek"...
Update 9/21/12 - all buttons shown in this thread are still available!
Update as of 9/20/12: all buttons in both of my threads are still available!! Horn suit buttons coming soon... cheers, SP
Per request, here are some additional pictures of the AK Smoke and Standard Smoke buttons. Both styles have lighter (more shiny) and darker (less shiny, more opaque) versions that can be sorted upon request. The Standard is more defined between those two colorations than the AK. All MOPs have their own natural variations in the nacre and it is hard for my amateur photo skills to capture but I hope this helps. From Left to Right: AK darker then AK lighter, 18L bottom...
Dark green horn? I haven't seen any offerings like that. I'm looking at just a couple of horn choices to start out, light brown and dark brown probably. Did you perhaps mean a dark green Mother of Pearl suit button?SP
I'm actually working on suit jacket buttons in Horn and MOP now! I'm evaluating the choices and colors and the new buttons should be available in about a month.cheers,SP
Beautiful shirt!!! Thanks for posting these pics, it is always great to see the end results from customers!! I love the parallel stitching and perfect color matching of the thread. Stunning.