or Connect

Posts by dhaller

I almost hesitate to admit it, but I find myself really wanting a pair of white loafers this summer... I have my eye on a pair of white Ferragamo loafers (actually they're called "driving mocs") I saw at NM, though more likely I'll go classic Gucci. The idea was sprung when I got a couple pair of nice Zanella Todd trousers in linen/silk, and I thought "what shoes to wear" and then "I wonder if I can pull off the white loafer look". We'll see DH
Well, my first suit was a sailor suit, complete with bib and ribboned hat - I suppose I was two or so. Very "Christopher Robin". The earliest suit I *remember* was a plaid suit (with shorts) which I wore at Easter and the like - I was 3 or 4? I must admit, shamefacedly, that I wore a clip-on tie with it. That suit is linked with my earliest memory of sartorial preference - I liked wearing my red knee socks with it. I actually had quite a variety of sportcoats and...
It's more a casual look, and it's something I like having one of in my closet. I do feel the half-zip was quite overdone this past year, though - I think fully half of BB's sweaters were half-zip. It got pretty tiresome. I'm not partial to the zip cardigan (or full zip, or whatever it's called) myself, since it seems more "wool jacket" than "sweater" to me. The nice thing about a button cardigan is that you can dress it down (doing the Mr. Rogers thing) or up...
Yes, it's well-known among us skinny types that winter is freaking cold ; it's just a matter of learning to dress so that you replicate your missing fatsheath. I'll agree that it's more noticeable when relaxing at home, so investing in warm loungewear or (like me) just wearing cold-weather gear like a fleece vest and a pair of shearling slippers helps. Maybe it's an opportunity to check out some of Uniqlo's new HeatTech fabrics! On the plus side, when summer hits you'll...
Carnegie's book is the foundation stone of them all, certainly. I can think of a few, but I'll toss in Beckwith's "Selling the Invisible" as a stand out and classic. "Closing" is such a specific discipline that it almost stands as a separate category from "Selling" (even though it's a stage, obviously) that it merits mention of a specific book - I'd say the classic there is Ziglar's "Secrets of Closing the Sale". The tricky thing about evaluating sales books is...
It pisses me off to no end when I'm hiking, and out on the trail I see hikers with the earbuds: - first, it reduces awareness, which is unsafe - second, they're HIKING, enjoy the freaking sound of the breeze, for godssakes - third, it's just emblematic of the "need constant stimulus/ADD kid" mentality for prevalent today. On a related topic, it pisses me off when people drive convertibles on beautiful days with the top up. Beyond those two, I'm fairly chill (or...
I hate to be a Mac fanboy, but my Apple Time Capsule is awesome - I've been using it for a year and have had literally NO problems with it. DH
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 Yes. "Dr., would jerking off alot affect the healing process?" I'm right-handed... not really an issue
About 10 weeks ago I wiped out on my bike, and was mostly (fortunately) uninjured except for a really, really bad sprained wrist (left). That same day, I went to a minor emergency place where they X-rayed it, declared it not-broken, prescribed me some anti-inflammatories for the swelling, set me up with a splint, and sent me on my way. I was out of the splint in a few days, started doing some mild flexing exercises (typical sprain recovery stuff), and it's mainly...
First, nothing is a crappy as retail. Some suggestions for the college undergrad looking for a job: (i) Work for your school - it will be a slack job (meaning you can study on the clock) and will pay well above minimum wage. Library assistant, lab assistant, language lab monitor (if that kind of thing still exists), or even be the sleazy ticketing guy who walks around ticketing the hundreds of illegally parked cars that blanket every urban campus. I used to monitor...