or Connect

Posts by dhaller

Quote: Originally Posted by emmanuel I dont understand why a 22 year old has to automatically be a trust fund kid. Young guys find ways to build wealth too. reading bitter 30+ yr olds post of jealously make me laugh. Upset because life is not what you thought it would be? Granted the OP might be full of crap But who knows... Who cares... Actually if you look back about 2 months or so you will find the OP asking for advice on dealing with...
A great supplement to this is Michael Silverblatt's literary interview show on KCRW in Los Angeles (podcasts available on their websight). Silverblatt is one of the most insightful *readers* out there, and he really asks some very interesting questions of authors. DH
Those helmets aren't really necessary, considering. DH
Quote: Originally Posted by r... Not for nothing but you could probably print a pdf out and read from that... I know, just sayin' I can carry all the lecture notes from every class I teach and every presentation and seminar I give at talks and conferences right there in one place, all the time - easily 10k pages of material. Much more convenient than bothering with paper. DH
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim I think it would be really awesome to take a cheap flash camcorder, glue a couple stabilizing fins to it, set it to record, and then huck it off the top of the building. Then you could go down, find the smashed camera, sift through it for your practically unscathed SD card, and become internet famous. Thats an awesome idea for a blog in general - put a camcorder in various deadly situations for viewers'...
The iPad will be perfect for me. I lecture from PDFs, so I usually have my Macbook on a podium, and I just refer to it from time to time - with the iPad, I can just sort of carry it like a clipboard: much easier. I was actually planning to do the same thing with a Kindle - being busy lately, I simply hadn't gotten around to getting one - but I think I'll wait for the iPad now. DH
I recommend seeing it, if for no other reason than to be able to intelligently participate in the inevitable cultural dialogue revolving around it... I've actually seen it twice. I wanted to see it, but I was putting it off endlessly because I wanted to see it in IMAX, but eventually, realizing that would never happen (travel to the suburbs where the IMAX theaters are, seeing the movie, and coming back would require a FIVE HOUR block of free time, which just doesn't...
A college campus is - in principle - a great place to stay fit; you have a campus to jog/run/cycle around, and access to fitness/swim facilities. First, it's easy to eat/drink crap in college - so lay off the Doritos, Papa Johns and beer/cola. Keep on a regular, healthy meal schedule with healthy snack in between meals (like a banana or something). Cardio is the foundation of any fitness regimen, but cardio for weight loss differs from cardio for fitness or endurance...
Beyond the typical mall retailers (N. Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks) there are: Sid Mashburn Miller Brothers H. Stockton - these are more or less in the Buckehead area and if you're willing to drive way out and hunt around: NM Last Call the Saks outlet (I forget what it's called) - both of these are at Discover Mills I can't really advise on apartments, since I haven't payed attention to them in awhile, though there are loads in both Buckhead and Midtown;...
I love the cafe racer look, but I kind of feel it should be the basic, classic cafe racer; Schott and Aero both do a very nice cafe racer in both calf and horsehide. Now, they aren't cheap, and I'm unsure of your budget, but they'd last you twenty years and wouldn't go out of style. DH