or Connect

Posts by dhaller

Well, a one inch stack of hundreds is about $22,500, so you're talking about a 2.25" stack of bills. You don't want to hide it (i) in an obvious place or (ii) in something else that might itself be stolen (say, a laptop). Offhand, a good place would be in the attic, under the insulation - you can easily climb up and grab it (you know the insulation its under), yet it's a place a thief is unlikely to look - and even if they do, there's a large area where it might be....
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow It's like whenever I see a straight-up guido in a Ed Hardy t-shirt driving a range rover, cadillac escalade, or a dodge viper. They look like total meat-heads, and I just wonder "maybe this guy has a trust fund, or is a club owner or something" I just can't wrap my head around it. I have a pretty high credit rating, but even if I took all my savings and went to a bank that was giving irresponsibly large...
Two main solutions to this: (i) Gaming - nothing like the Tuesday night WoW raid to achieve that sense of collegiate camaraderie! (ii) Strip Clubs - there's a reason why divorced middle-aged guys hang out at strip clubs... *existential despair*. In seriousness, it's just a matter of getting involved; hobbies, clubs (the interest kind, not the soulless meat-market kind), amateur sports leagues. Check out Meetup.com and see what local groups support some of your...
I've had to do the "wardrobe replacement" bit myself. I think the best course is to first acquire the absolute necessities (things like khakis or a blazer) for the *current season*, and then acquire items - again, seasonally - as needed. Repeat for each season, and after a year you have rebuilt a foundational wardrobe. The peril of going out on a structured - even a very intelligently structured - shopping spree is that you wind up with some bespoke suits and...
Linen - it's also much easier to care for than silk. That said, I do like a nice silk camp shirt *if* I'm someplace breezy, like the seaside or on a boat, because they're voluminous enough to get a nice undershirt breeze going DH
I am so happy to hear this! And... it's not a remake! Amazing! Let this be a lesson (looking at you, Clash of the Titans) that remakes have gotten tired, and the good stuff is still original. Probably see it Sunday DH
If you have to narrow it down to one? Punctuality... literally, just *being on time*. Being on time for meetings, actually delivering by the date or time promised, following up with people when you've said you would. It's surprising how few people are actually punctual. Think: when was the last time you were impressed because someone was 15 minutes late to a meeting, or emailed you with some kind of excuse about how a project would be delayed? Would you hire someone...
I have three large (bigger than 9x12 or so) rugs - two Persian and one Turkish - which are more than 100 years old... well, they were about 100 years old when I was a little kid, so they're more like 130+ years old. Hand woven (obviously) and gorgeous, they're obviously "antique", but aren't at all "worn out". Wool is some sturdy stuff. I have no idea what they're worth, really - I need an updated appraisal - but they're currently insured for $300k in total. More than I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nesting Dolls What are the main differences between fur hats for men and fur hats for women? Men kill an animal with their own hands, the fur hat being their trophy. Women either buy them in stores, or get "kill hats" from their menfolk as gifts. DH
Karen Gordon's various "Transitive Vampire" books are - gasp - very readable, informative, and even entertaining grammar guides: http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Transit...9687081&sr=8-1 It's rare to find a grammar book you'll pick up for fun. DH