or Connect

Posts by dhaller

So I started at a CrossFit gym a month ago, and of course we program differing workouts daily. It's been fantastic (if at times painful) so far, and I've seen better results per unit time with CF than with anything else I've ever done. That said, my coach can be a beast! I just looked at tomorrow's workout: In 20 Minutes or Less Complete 100 Box Jumps 20” 100 Push-Ups 100 Double Unders 100 Air Squats Score for Time or Number of Reps. This is crazy! Is such a feat even...
The best thing you can do in your early-mid 20s is to minimize living expenses so you can free up money for experiences (travel, classes, hobbies - stuff you don't have as much time for during the family building/mid-career phase of life) and early forays into investing (maxing that 401k and Roth). Part of the fun of youth (maybe this is hindsight) IS the studio apartment in the weird building, the second hand furniture and so on - your friends (and girls) your age...
Mine generally falls in the mid-60s, though I've rarely clocked it in the 50s. I'm 44. For what it's worth, blood pressure is ~100/60; I'm 6'1"/170lbs. My situation is somewhat unusual - I had open-heart surgery in May 2009 (CABG-4), and a "side effect" of the surgery for me (it affects ~12% of patients post-surgery) is tachycardia (a cardiac electrical malfunction resulting in the heart beating too quickly). I take 25mg metoprolol (a time-release formulation) which...
Pretty much looks like Samba. And like Samba, if the girl is hot, the overall effect is very hot. DH
I think a large measure of this is having a maid... not in the obvious sense, though. Since I hired a maid, I find myself much less likely to keep things cluttered. On the one hand I sort of feel "bad" messing up the house, and on the other hand I know if I clutter things up it makes her job harder and irritates her It's funny, in a way... having a maid at times makes ME feel like "the guest": she has her little flourished and way of doing things (for example, she...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington Very underrated, both by audiences and critics. The characters are vapid, pretentious, and totally self absorbed but you still feel more affection for them than 99% of characters cooked up by Hollywood. Whit Stillman understands that characters are what drive stories; many film directors would do well to remember this. I've finally reached the point where I cannot stand seeing a movie in a...
Well, elephant hide is grey - and it's a common material for making better-quality gunbelts (which look fine with jeans) - I'm partial to Beltman gunbelts: http://www.thebeltman.net/elephant.htm DH
A lot really depends on your family history - the more informed your doctor is on that score, the better call he can make in terms of what to look for. I've noticed that a LOT of people don't really have a clear view of their family's medical history (and if you family is anything like mine, people sometimes don't mention things so that I "won't worry"), but it's worth pointedly asking one's parents and siblings to keep one informed, and to check in with your parents...
It's a hard call because they've plumbed a variety of genres, but I find myself returning to the spare perfection of "Blood Simple". I'd love to see them tackle a Cormac McCarthy novel. DH
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik I can't remember the last time I used a pencil. I don't think I own any except for some stubs leftover with my backpack from school. Other than taking the odd standardized test, I'm not sure when I would use one that I wouldn't use a pen, laptop, or cell phone. I suppose I could write out my posts for SF in pencil - complete with edits, erasures, etc - then mail them to someone else to type up and...