or Connect

Posts by dhaller

I wore a pea coat in undergraduate school (I upgraded to a Gloverall toggle coat in grad school...), and at the time NO ONE was wearing them - that was 1985-1989. I suppose it's still in my cedar closet somewhere. This year in particular they are indeed EVERYWHERE - I went to Target yesterday to buy cheap Champion sweats, and even there pea coats were everywhere, mens and womens both. That said, I wouldn't mind having one of the Schott peas with the leather trimmed...
The problem with the 458's shape is that it isn't "designed" so much as it's "calculated" - it's more a nod to physics (or at least aerodynamics) than to Pininfarina tradition. Now, that itself is pretty cool (science run amok usually is) and should appeal to lovers of extremes, but there is something essentially un-Italian about such an approach. It's certainly not "ugly", but it IS an example of form following function, and I think the eye grabs that fact - it's not...
I'm super happy with my Timbuk2, though it embodies a kind of West Coast fixie-riding hipster ethos. They are very customizable though. Mine is charcoal herringbone! DH
Upon reflection, I'd really have to populate the list with Bond films, but there are so many... I suppose if I could only chose one, it would be "Goldfinger". DH
The only movies I'm interested in owning are the very re-watchable ones, and there aren't many of those. First, IMHO the *most* re-watchable movie is "A Clockwork Orange"; Kubrik is fantastic anyway, but every time I watch this film I see something new. If I had to choose 9 more, in no particular order: "Diva" (directed by Jean-Jacques Beineix) "The Seven Samurai" (Kurosawa) "The Dirty Dozen" "Heat" "Pulp Fiction" "Excalibur" (I just never, ever get tired of...