or Connect

Posts by Verno Inferno

XKx, I think you look smashing. Try not to regret your fashionable purchase. You can always get a regular Timeless Suited Man Uniform next time. That thing's not crazy slim like the pants in that GQ article, so you got some time with it. I like that the notch lapel tones down the slim look. If it had peak lapels, you'd probably be too jaunty for me.
Oh... and I should mention that the photos on BR's site don't show you exactly how blue it is in person. I think it's close to what you're looking for.
Howdy stankyleg, I don't know how cheap you wanna go, but there's a slim fit line of clothes at Banana Republic and they have an inexpensive suit that fits much of this billing. Navy blue (but more blue than dark navy) with a bit of shimmer to it. Somewhat slim pants with a flat front. The photos of the suits on the models just don't capture what the suit looks like when you try it on. It's trimmer than the sacks that are on the website. You do get what you pay for, but...
"What tips would you give to someone who is starting down the path of dressing better with high quality clothing to avoid common mistakes and pitfalls?" Know the rules and apply them consistently so that you can better learn how and when to break them. Often when you break them, you will probably look goofy. But don't try too hard to avoid mistakes. If I get my mind set on something that is a bit against the standard for dressing well... I'll probably do it. And then...
Quote: Originally Posted by wannabeagiant Can anybody comment on how the straight fit compare to the j crew vintage slim fit? Also, would the fit of the skinny or straight compare to apc new standards? This weekend I hit the Crew and the Gap. The Vintage Slim was not as snug as the Straight Fit Selvage that I tried on from The Gap. I had a greater sense of thigh tightness in the Gap straight fits. I would say that the Straight Fit felt...
Banana ran these sales this winter on Wednesdays. Everything was always 30 or 40% off. I got a couple corduroy for about $100 each. I was actually a bit shocked that that their 38S fit me so well. The 38S at JCrew, for example, requires a bunch waist suppression even on their Ludlow, slim-fitting jackets. I haven't done anything to these blazers. I tried on one of the Banana 38S velvet blazers. Didn't buy it, but the same thing---rather slim on me and fit really well...
I will just throw this out there. I love my job as an attorney. I put in 3 years at a firm doing litigation. I've been in-house for about 3.5 years---I consult on large electronic discovery issues for an enormous company. It's part IT, part legal, part business, a lot of project management. I love it. In my field I have to hire a bunch of contract attorneys. We get a bunch of dejected folks every couple months. The ones who are awesome, smart and hard-working? We can...
I guess I'm different. I've got a calendar with family photos on it. A photo of of me and my wife. A coffee mug from my lawschool. A bunch of law books I wanted out of my house. A clock. A giant thing of whey protein. Healthy snacks. A gym bag with gym stuff. Two reprints of old turn of the century magician posters. Oh and some original art my pal got me from China. And novelty TPS Report Cover Sheets for leaving notes for folks. During baseball season, a couple of St....
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower Look up Derren Brown for impressive street hypnosis tricks - many Youtube vids. He specializes in covert hypnosis/NLP methods. +1 Derren Brown is terrific!
Quote: Originally Posted by ashpool What's the name of the track if you don't mind me asking? Guided Relaxation, by Kelly Howell. You can find all sorts of similar self-relaxation things on iTunes. I'm told the key is to find someone whose voice doesn't annoy you. I kinda like Howell's tone.