or Connect

Posts by Jr Mouse

@noob in 89 I might have asked before, but have you ever read the Starman run by James Robinson? It's my all time favorite series and can be found in trade paper back. Highly recommend you give it a shot one day if you haven't already. http://www.amazon.com/The-Starman-Omnibus-Vol-1/dp/1401216994
Bleeding Cool pointed out today's Fox Trot which I agree is fairly on point on how the mass media success of a lot of these comic properties are likely not bringing in as many new readers as hoped. I haven't read Fox Trot in years, but it used to be one of my favorites.
Oh God, I hope they at least avoid the origin story. It's not needed and is almost as bad as the rumor there will be a flash-back origin shown for Batman in BvS. Completely agree with Nil. Garfield was great in the role. The problems with those films had nothing to do with him.
Don't get me wrong. I'm OK with a young Parker. It's just that I don't see why he has to start out as high-school age. They could introduce him a year or two after gaining his powers and enterning college in NYC. He'd still be green and learning but a 18/19 year old Parker fits much better into the MCU Avengers then does a 15 year old. The types of coming of age stories told in college years are just as, if not more interesting to general audiences then high-school. You...
You don't remember it because it didn't really happen that way. He was in High School when the bite happened. Which just adds to the absurdity of focusing casting on kids who looks as young as these boys do.What a lot of people, and apparently Marvel, forget is that when these comics were first written the characters aged in real time. Parker grew older with the readers. It wasn't till he was out of High School that the creators realized they needed to slow down his aging...
Another rumored child in the running. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/13/what-is-going-on-with-the-spider-man-casting/ EDIT: I will admit I like him slightly better then the other choices.
Well yes, I don't think it's what Marvel wants. It's the same Marvel that magically retcon'd the spider-marriage out of existence so Parker could date again and feel "younger" to readers. These are the same readers who have largely HATED this move over the years. Marvel doesn't always make the best choices for it's properties.
It's really bizarre. Everyone was saying this reboot was a good opportunity for them to bring in an older, more established Parker. Married and worrying about home life too. Easier to relate to for anyone over 20. Yet this is the route they want to go in? I don't understand it at all.
What the f**** is this s***? These are the kids now rumored to play Peter Parker in the MCU? http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-sony-fighting-spiderman-actor/ Only Holland (bottom) looks like he's managed to make it thru puberty yet and even he looks like he's waiting for his mother to pick him up from band camp. Can you see any of these kids fighting alongside the Avengers in a movie? What the hell are they thinking, assuming this is all true?
I've heard that speculation before. Would be a fun twist if true.