or Connect

Posts by The Thin Man

Matt's suits, to me, are one of the pinnacles. David Reeves' comments say more about him than they say about Matt's suits and jackets.
Will's posts from 2006 to 2008 were less trendy, less commercially driven and more grounded in a large base of knowledge about classic Anglo-American clothing -- while still drawing on a many conversations with international tailors -- than those in any current blog.And RJMan's posts are great at drawing on a large base of knowledge about not just lost dead and dying high-end makers, but situating this knowledge in a broader context. Plus he is a writing stylist in a way...
Sorry, you're right. The separate blog won't exist, but the archive will be on the store site.
Will's posts from the earlier years of the blog on building a wardrobe (shoe wardrobe, etc.) are the best on the subject, other than Flusser's old books. I hope the beginners who haven't read them take the time to seek them out. And RJMan's posts have been the best menswear writing on the Internet. This post was edited. I hastily misread the announcement.
I'll go with the Scandanavian on this one.
They may be a little too CM for you, but have you considered Brooks Brothers extra slim fits? Brooks is the godfather of OCBDs. They're also among the only Brooks shirts made in the US.
Yes, in American English, "inquiry" has meaning. "Enquiry," since it's not an American-English word, doesn't mean anything.
To calculate the VAT-free price in the U.S., deduct 16.66 percent. Think of the list price (including the 20-percent VAT) as 1+.2=1.2. When you remove the VAT, you have to take out .2/1.2, or 16.66 percent.
What dress pants even have belt loops that are wider than 2"?Uniqlo. Stay away from "relaxed fit."
I would go with the 1996 Style and the Man. It has an outdated but interesting section on stores that isn't in the more recent edition.