or Connect

Posts by emc894

Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn ^Edit: oh, i see you stated you did get a single fitting. Not to be a stickler but I don't think it's 'bespoke' when there's only one fitting... again, I'm hoping someone with experience would say Chan can make a cleaner suit with more fittings? I am definitely impressed with what they did in one measuring. For what its worth I think the definition of bespoke is made completely for you with no sample pattern...
I would really like feedback on my first two bespoke items. I am a pretty conservative guy (I eat dinner in a suit about twice a week at a club) and work in finance where I regularly interact with clients, and wear a suit almost every day. The WW Chan I got in one fitting in New York. It is 11oz Holland and Sherry Cape Horn Vista. It is extremely comfortable and fits me much better than suit I have ever worn. The pants are obviously too long, but that's an easy fix. I...
No experience with those specifically but most of my bespoke shirts are Alumo and they are the best cottons I have ever had.
Chan told me the serial number for the cloth and I have an email in with H&S. I suppose its possible they wrote it down wrong at the fitting because I was looking at a number of cloths, or I had some kind of brain cramp. Is twill less formal? I am not a fan of it on shirts because it is on so many cotton pants that you can easily turn into Twillman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bohdathone The simple way around this problem is always to take a small sample of the fabric you choose at the time. Normally my tailor snips it off and clips it to the order form, so there's no suspicion later Good idea. I will do that or camera phone next time.
I just received my first suit from WW Chan. I was measured once and picked my fabric in New York in January. The fit is fantastic, workmanship appears top notch. The difference between OTR and bespoke is unbelievable. But I think they used the wrong fabric. I chose charcoal Holland and Sherry fabric 11oz part wool part cashmere.. I received a pretty hefty charcoal Holland and Sherry with a TWILL weave. What I ordered was called Holland and Sherry Cape Horn Vista. Also...
I went to one of the boarding schools already mentioned and plan to send my kids their.
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier As a not-yet-born-in-that-decade member, I must ask those more informed: Did men actually dress that way en masse, or was it more a catalog thing? People in 30 years wlil look at an Abercrombie catalog and say "What the fuck?" (those who don't already have that reaction to A&F) - but most people don't dress as the models in catalogs do. And even if most men in the 70s did dress that way, as awful as those outfits...
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse Barney's has some sick ass shoes! They have C and J's in handgrade 337, benchgrade 341 and 236 so at least you could know your size.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bull I worked retail in college and, for better of worse, you develop a formula in your head after a while where you know exactly what someone will buy (if anything) based on their looks/clothing. You must have screamed "I'm not gonna walk out of here with any shoes." Bottom line, everyone in retail does it, except at the lowest-common-denominator levels (GAP, Express, etc.) Sad but true. What makes you...