or Connect

Posts by emc894

Why did David Stern shave his creepy stache.
http://www.newandlingwood.com/product.php?id=843
Depends on your face...
I would be curious to know if they have raised their prices too. Also, do they mail fabric swatche so you can order once your pattern is dialed in?
Quote: Originally Posted by yfyf I think the suit fits ok, no major weirdness, just a little fuller than what people like around here. It's interesting that both the shirt and suit fit similarly, did you ask for things to be a little more "relaxed fit"? Or did you lose a lot of weight since they were both commissioned? I told them I work and live in two fairly conservative environments and do not like tight clothing. Plus this gives me more...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk The shirt isn't just too full--it's messed up. Look at the pulling in the upper front. Was it like that before you had the back replaced? Honestly, they shouldn't have let you walk out with the shirt looking like that. Oh, and you should have the back pleated. Did you insist on no pleats? No, the upper back is "puckered" to give me more room. I am thinking about asking for pleats next time. I will wash...
Thanks everyone. You should know that I wore that shirt to work all day so it is somewhat wrinkled from that. Thanks for the photoshop. That was very helpful. The suit I like a lot and I think the alterations are pretty minor. The suits fits better than anything else I own, and my next one should be close to perfect. I think the shirt is not very flattering but not a disaster. I would love a PS Foof'ed shirt if you want to do that. Otherwise, I will just tell the...
I think the way I am standing makes the shoulder look sort of odd. There is a small divet on my left shoulder that needs to be addressed. I do generally like a more conservative, American look than many on this board and the pants and shirt may reflect that. Next time I will probably take some fullness out. Someone told me the jacket is not balanced back to front. Could you explain that please? As for the shirt, what should I tell Genenva? Take some fullness out of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel so why not get a suit from one of the NYC tailor's? I looked at a few and was not too impressed. The combination of good price, good quality and consistency at Chan is hard to beat. I paid around $1,300 for this and it would have been at least twice that plus ~20% in taxes in New York.
Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn ^Edit: oh, i see you stated you did get a single fitting. Not to be a stickler but I don't think it's 'bespoke' when there's only one fitting... again, I'm hoping someone with experience would say Chan can make a cleaner suit with more fittings? I am definitely impressed with what they did in one measuring. For what its worth I think the definition of bespoke is made completely for you with no sample pattern...