or Connect

Posts by emc894

I have and enjoy all 3. Finamore is definitely tighter and more youthful/stylized, Borrelli has nicest collars, buttons and materials in my experience. Barba I like the least. If you can find any of the 3 OTR for under $200 in a style you like, definitely worth a purchase.
Not bad.
Trousers/pants that are too short and show too much ankle/sock. I haven't been on SF much lately to see its opinion, but this combined with brightly colored socks seems to be everywhere in the city the past year or so. Its a really heavy handed attempt at insouciance that looks stupid.
The fox mid grey color can look yellowish or greenish in certain lights in my experience. I want a cooler, mottled mid gray.
What is the best 13oz woolen mottled mid grey flannel these days? I compared Fox's standard offering to Harrisons and the Fox's seemed to have a yellowish/greenish cast. The Harrisons is a bit darker than what I am looking for in 39248 and too light in 39249. JJ Minis is another option but I cant seem to find the perfect color.   I think the below Harrisons flannel is great but sadly no longer in production. What does styleforum think?    
This is the ticket! Much better. Elegance in repose as it were.
Personally don't like the contrast of midnight and black. Midnight silk facings are quite hard to find though. I think you're better off with black. You dont need to make a "statement" and have everyone who hasn't seen one raise an eyebrow about your non-black tuxedo (especially the host!). Besides, unless these is very little light, black looks better and less conspicuous. Its descended from the tailcoat after all. Could you imagine a blue tailcoat? it would look like...
You thought wrong. Many people will be in striped ties which are much less formal. A black grenadine tie is classic city banker, and quite formal.
I think your best bet is Chelsea boots, if you like the style.
Its all about hitting your personal sweet post where price, styling and construction intersect. For me its Mytailor bespoke/mtm (not sure which it is, honestly..shirts fit well though) with mostly Acorn fabrics, Vass shoes, WW Chan/NSM suits and an SR one for special occasions. I think hand stitching on shirts just makes them too delicate for my lifestyle and serves no function purpose. Thick buttons are worth it. I am too hard on my clothing for all SR or bespoke shoes...