or Connect

Posts by emc894

I met with WW chan in NYC last week. Ordered 2 suits without fittings for the first time. I have had about 5 suits or jackets made and am hoping I am fully dialed in at this point. He told me to expect delivery in July, he is back in August if there is some mistake. Very pleased with WW Chan. I have tried Steed, Mina Su Misura and Gordon Yao and am happiest with Chan.
You should be able to get khaki/tan colored cloth in Linen or any of the fresco type weaves.
I quite like this style especially for going out at night in early fall or spring or just stepping out to grab coffee on a Sunday morning. I have tried a few brands, I think the RL one is kind of cheap looking and sort of looks like it was bought on sale at the mall (plus that corduroy shotgun shoulder pad is too much). I have a Lavenham and it fits much too small so never wear it. I think the best option is the Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt. I have one in black I wear at...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251263757865&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123 G&G Oxford size 9.5UK
I pay attention to seasonal stuff like lighter/brighter colors (including browns in shoes) during summer months. Day and Night dressing. White shirt and black shoes and more shiny/ elegant fabrics. at night (dark tie obviously if im wearing one). I would never wear tan shoes with business clothes. Basically being consistent with the spirit of the rules and dressing to the occasion. I try to not wear anything I know will turn heads or that I know people will receive...
I used them in New York for a few shirts. The fit is very good (for me at least). Service was very nice in a Chinese way. My only negative thoughts were the shirt length was a bit short (I should have requested a long tail) and the buttons were a bit crummy compared to borrellii type buttons. AC is a good value and consistant I would say. I would heartily recommend them if you live in New York and don't want to deal with geneva's crappy customer service, T&A's prices or...
I have and enjoy all 3. Finamore is definitely tighter and more youthful/stylized, Borrelli has nicest collars, buttons and materials in my experience. Barba I like the least. If you can find any of the 3 OTR for under $200 in a style you like, definitely worth a purchase.
Not bad.
Trousers/pants that are too short and show too much ankle/sock. I haven't been on SF much lately to see its opinion, but this combined with brightly colored socks seems to be everywhere in the city the past year or so. Its a really heavy handed attempt at insouciance that looks stupid.
The fox mid grey color can look yellowish or greenish in certain lights in my experience. I want a cooler, mottled mid gray.