or Connect

Posts by emc894

Does anyone have pictures comparing the R and F lasts they can post? I am about to order regular black calf plain captoe and wingtip.
I really like EG but can't seem to get the fit right. I am a 10D US 9E UK in most shoes and I cant seem to get comfortable in 9/9.5 or 9.5/10 in 202 and 82 lasts. I also tried sizing up and width-ing down. Probably over thinking it but in my opinion form a style and quality standpoint EG are the RTW shoes anywhere.
...Looks good on you though...
Those pleated, side tabbed jeans are truly reprehensible. May beau Brummel have mercy on your soul.
Thats what I was going to recommend. I saw it last week and was tempted. This one is in lambswool which I liked even better. That whole book is pretty neat.http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/292/jacketing/fox-bold-prince-of-wales-jacketingOrdered suits in 13 oz H. Lesser and 12 oz Smiths Botany. Once I have them, happy to make a comparison to anyone interested.
I met with WW chan in NYC last week. Ordered 2 suits without fittings for the first time. I have had about 5 suits or jackets made and am hoping I am fully dialed in at this point. He told me to expect delivery in July, he is back in August if there is some mistake. Very pleased with WW Chan. I have tried Steed, Mina Su Misura and Gordon Yao and am happiest with Chan.
You should be able to get khaki/tan colored cloth in Linen or any of the fresco type weaves.
I quite like this style especially for going out at night in early fall or spring or just stepping out to grab coffee on a Sunday morning. I have tried a few brands, I think the RL one is kind of cheap looking and sort of looks like it was bought on sale at the mall (plus that corduroy shotgun shoulder pad is too much). I have a Lavenham and it fits much too small so never wear it. I think the best option is the Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt. I have one in black I wear at...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251263757865&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123 G&G Oxford size 9.5UK
I pay attention to seasonal stuff like lighter/brighter colors (including browns in shoes) during summer months. Day and Night dressing. White shirt and black shoes and more shiny/ elegant fabrics. at night (dark tie obviously if im wearing one). I would never wear tan shoes with business clothes. Basically being consistent with the spirit of the rules and dressing to the occasion. I try to not wear anything I know will turn heads or that I know people will receive...