or Connect

Posts by emc894

That seems fairly normal. It is the Golden bale that is expensive.
I agree with concept (and I am playing devil's advocate, what you're describing is exactly what I plan to do) but given short time horizon, relying solely on investment income to pay for car payments would be a risky. Long term average income vs. short term financing needs.Obviously, most people have other savings / investments / regular income to cover if you hit bumps early on. Again... playing devils advocate and being pretty annoying I'm sure. I took out an unsecured...
Downside is if the the S&P is down ~8% (which is within 1 std dev) in a year then you just paid 3% for the privilege of buying the rest of your car at 108%.I certainly wouldn't make any financial decisions dependent on the S&P earning me 13% per year considering the companies that make up the index earn about 7% net income on average.I am in finance so what I can personally invest in is pretty restricted.That said, its not sexy but, I am very happy with a portfolio really...
Thanks. Price range is flexible but the less I can pay for something respectable the better. I would be taking money out of a brokerage account yielding ~+8% to buy a car depreciating at ~-10% / year to buy it so don't want more negative carry than I can get away with.Maybe this is a bad way to look at it but in my mind I am paying 10% a year in depreciation and 8% a year in foregone investment income to drive the thing which just seems wasteful (obviously i am ignoring...
I just don't think the japanese brands look nearly as cool as the ze germans or cultivate the yuppie image i am going for (I am being facetious but 100% serious).I am leaning towards a lightly used A6 at the moment.
Thanks for all the responses. Maybe I am better off just buying a 1 or 2 year old car at carsmax or something. I just hate the feeling of being ripped off so was hoping to find a way to maximize value to money and minimize depreciation. Any thoughts on the best 1-3 year old car in the audi / bmw ./ caddy / mercedes midsize range that will be easy to buy, easy to sell, retain its value, and make me look cool? Im sure this is endlessly debated but anything would be...
I'm moving from NYC to a driving city and can allocate some of the hefty rent to a car. I am thinking of leasing a 1 or 2 year old A6 / E class / 5 series. Anyone have any experience with this range of cars? I'm not really a car guy so wouldn't mind paying less for a good deal on a slightly older model as long as it looks respectable and is a good value.
I bought a date just for about that. I woudl consider a JLC reverso as well. Im sure omega and other similar brands have similar models.
I think I am going to try casper for my next bed. It is a startup with free trial.
Just added myself to doc. Ordered about black MDR about 16 months ago.