or Connect

Posts by LeicaLad

No connection to seller. There's been a flurry of loop-wheeled Buzz Rickson sweatshirts up on the auction site lately. It's a bit unusual to see the XL size, tho. Just FYI: There's an XL in red up now. http://cgi.ebay.com/Buzz-Rickson-Loo...item335a3c80f6 Again. No connection to seller.
I was trying to make this same decision some time back, but between the Trickers and the Grenson Ilkley boot. I planned to buy from Pediwear, so I asked them. Their response was that the Ilkley was the slightly better boot, particularly the leather. I followed their advice. I'm a serious fan of Trickers and I love my Bourton shoes. BUT, I am very happy that I got the Ilkley. It was also a G width and ran big. But I just put in a nice padded insole and wear with...
The Paraboot Suede wingtips that I bought last week at $279 are now on clearance for $349...
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T hmm - didnt see that post til now, apologies LeicaLad. No sweat. Sure didn't find much while I was there, but I'll be going back for another one or two months come the fall. Still open for suggestions!
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyoneill My girlfriend wears Tricker's and C&J's female line. I'd be curious to know which models she likes. Photos??? (or, at least, site links.)
Nice look, but I hear your pain. The Buzz stuff is really nice, but the premium price makes most of their items hard to justify. Still, certain items are very well done. Their Pea Coat, for example, is very fine. In fact, it's mostly their coats that I consider (almost) worth their prices. This is the first pair of BR shoes I've seen anyone post about. Hope they soften up... soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne LeicaLad, was it you who posted a pic of your feet hanging out of a chopper while wearing some shell Alden Indy boots? Hi! Sorry for slow response. Didn't see this. Yeah, I was doing the annual Opium Crop survey along the NWFP-Afghan border. We called it "Taliban Target Practice." Obviously, we were the target. The chopper pilots insisted that the tribal guys generally didn't have the lead down...
My wife is also a fan of Naturalizer shoes, although she says they are exactly the AE of women's shoes: the very best models are always quickly discontinued!!! For what it's worth, C&J have a women's line, although it mostly caters to the country/trad look.
There was mention that the 360 was for the Japanese market, but that doesn't sound right if it is as narrow as you're making out. The Asian market tends toward the narrow(er) heel and wide (splayed) feet shape. It's one reason why the Alden modified last is so big in Japan. In general, as with the poster above, I'm in the E to EEE range of width. US10/UK9 wide. Which, if any, of the C&J lasts will work for folk like us? And I really do love looking at your...
My Tricker's country shoes weigh the most, so I'm more likely to wear them... unless, of course, I'm going to need boots on the trip. Then I wear them. Weight limits really come into play with all gunboat shoes and extended foreign travel. Sadly, I find I'm always thinking of the pair(s) left behind. But my luggage has computer gear, as well as very heavy cameras and lenses, so clothing is but a small portion of my luggage. As much of my travel includes...