or Connect

Posts by Nataku

I've gotta say, the new label is just awful. Looks cheap to me, something that you'd see on a fake. What were the execs at Polo thinking? Prime example of "If it isn't broke, don't fix it".
Apparently these are a thing. Also, pop!
It was pure cashmere to boot. Never seen another. There's a long story behind that one..... Yep. Put all my tools inside when I got home and filled it up about 1/4 of the way. Figured I'd sell it to someone who had more tools that could get some use out of it. Now I have the tools to fill it and it's long since been sold.
Thrifted items I regret selling? I have a few..... Most notable clothing finds that I regret selling are a RLPL blackwatch plaid pure cashmere SC and a RLPL wool/cashmere down puffer coat. Both my size. Both bought for peanuts and both sold for peanuts. Other thrifted items that I am still kicking myself for selling:
It's not as often as it seems. The painful memories just stick with me, haha.
Can't recall any specific item (which is probably a good thing, because that means it wasn't a big enough loss for me to still mourn), as most thrift stores around here have a 7 day return policy. Even in the days before cell phones I usually bought, researched and then either sold/kept/returned.What really tends to haunt me seeing what I missed. Watching that stack of records walk out the door with a copy of Hendrix's Electric Ladyland with the banned U.K. nude cover on...
Just one find today. NWT Barbour Wessex. Waxed cotton with tweed lined hood. XL but fits slim, like a regular L. Available
I think the issue is that most are dry cleaned and the chemicals they use literally eat away at the buttons, or cause them to become brittle and crack. At least that appears to be the case with the Eton shirts I find that have erroded/broken buttons.
Sounds about right. My guess is late 70's based on the label and styling.
Was sort of a grab and run deal. My son was getting restless, people were hovering and I was in a gambling mood. I think it paid off.