or Connect

Posts by Nataku

A few things from today. Found another Mulholland duffle. Some cool Talbott BOC ties Granite Gear Portage Pack #4. Current model. and inside were these extras which appear to be unused. David Chu SC. My size but fits a little snug. My first time seeing this label. Sadly they are a 29 waist and someone hemmed them to a 26" inseam. Might return them. They appear to have been worn maybe once or twice.
So I came back with an empty car. Tape deck would not play but did Fast Forward and Rewind. Volume control was scratchy and was missing a switch knob or two. Cabinets had rust on them. To top it off, I think the house it was in is cursed or something (had a kind of creepy vibe; was way out in the middle of nowhere). The lady told me her brother inherited it first and then bought that house. He died shortly thereafter and her other brother moved in to take care of the...
Guys, Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. I also slept on it as well as talked it over with the wife (Key to a successful marriage; don't hide or try and sugar coat anything. Tell it like it is). With that said, I'm headed north in a couple hours with the wife's SUV. Also, definitely not buying to resell. If all works out, I will be keeping this system together and will be promptly hooking it up in our family room.
It's not clothing, but is thrift related. I need some advice. Someone please talk me in (or out) of this. My wife is absolutely no help ("you don't need it", she says without even hearing what it is). I have the rare opportunity to purchase this: It's a vintage Pioneer rack stereo system. 1 owner, but the child of the owner acquired it, is selling it and knows absolutely nothing about it. Thing is, besides the reel to reel deck (which I have very minimal...
Whoops, wrong thread, but oh well.
It's not clothing, but is thrift related. I need some advice. Someone please talk me in (or out) of this. My wife is absolutely no help ("you don't need it", she says without even hearing what it is). I have the rare opportunity to purchase this: It's a vintage Pioneer rack stereo system. 1 owner, but the child of the owner acquired it, is selling it and knows absolutely nothing about it. Thing is, besides the reel to reel deck (which I have very minimal...
Found a few decent things today. Pierrepont Hicks is a local company that makes great ties but I think they also make blankets and some other odds and ends now. They are a regular supporter of NorthernGrade. Gimos leather shirt-jac. Band of Outsiders Zegna B&L Ray-Ban Outdoorsman
Yeah, I've been tearing that store apart for the past week or two looking for the pants to that jacket. Sadly I think they're long gone.
I can usually determine by the length of the fly. Short is usually (but not always) women's. Those look like men's to me.