or Connect

Posts by Nataku

It's not clothing, but is thrift related. I need some advice. Someone please talk me in (or out) of this. My wife is absolutely no help ("you don't need it", she says without even hearing what it is). I have the rare opportunity to purchase this: It's a vintage Pioneer rack stereo system. 1 owner, but the child of the owner acquired it, is selling it and knows absolutely nothing about it. Thing is, besides the reel to reel deck (which I have very minimal...
Whoops, wrong thread, but oh well.
It's not clothing, but is thrift related. I need some advice. Someone please talk me in (or out) of this. My wife is absolutely no help ("you don't need it", she says without even hearing what it is). I have the rare opportunity to purchase this: It's a vintage Pioneer rack stereo system. 1 owner, but the child of the owner acquired it, is selling it and knows absolutely nothing about it. Thing is, besides the reel to reel deck (which I have very minimal...
Found a few decent things today. Pierrepont Hicks is a local company that makes great ties but I think they also make blankets and some other odds and ends now. They are a regular supporter of NorthernGrade. Gimos leather shirt-jac. Band of Outsiders Zegna B&L Ray-Ban Outdoorsman
Yeah, I've been tearing that store apart for the past week or two looking for the pants to that jacket. Sadly I think they're long gone.
I can usually determine by the length of the fly. Short is usually (but not always) women's. Those look like men's to me.
Dang.....oh well. Thanks guys! My investment was $2.50 so I'm not complaining. Also, many of you guys are killing it lately. So many drool-worthy pieces on the last few pages!
So I think I may have finally struck gold (literally....hopefully). Ever since Wes found those gold buttons any gold colored buttons I come across are inspected. Today I found an old navy MTM blazer with monogramed buttons. Flipped them over and read "Ben Silver. Charleston, SC". Cool. Then I see tiny writing that my terrible eyes cannot make out, so I hand them to my wife. She says the small stamped writing is as follows: "1/20 14k 6/F". Please tell me these are 14k gold...
Great haul, MZ!Unique is notorious for high pricing around here. They had a high end stereo system (I think it was NAD) priced at $8,000 a couple years ago. It was in a really low-income area too. Not sure how they were expecting to sell it. I've seen $15 Polo ties and $200 Brioni suits there before. With that said, I hardly ever go to their stores anymore but I hear stuff still slips through the cracks.