or Connect

Posts by Nataku

Just one find today. At a store that I've never seen more than a 50% off discount, the cashier gave me 75% off which brought it down to 75 cents.
So....What's the most bizarre/disturbing item you've come across at a thrift store?Here's a sculpture that I came across about a year ago. [[SPOILER]] Creepiest find? I've probably had others which I've forgotten, but the most recent that comes to mind was this marionette I found in Chicago while thrifting with @silverwarebandit
That is awesome. Not sure what you need help with on it, but it's definitely true vintage of that era (mid 80's).Took me awhile to catch on, but I finally learned my lesson to do BINOBO on cool stuff like this. Sold one of the same vintage a couple years back for half that price at auction. Still kicking myself on that one.Awesome find. Unfortunately bib overalls don't bring in the most money in the vintage workwear category, but a great find regardless. This stuff is...
Owch!
Nope. I do own the jacket version of that particular vest, though (I think they called this model their "down sweater"). If I ever came across the vest and it was in my size, I'd be very tempted to keep it.
Score!!! The harsh reality may be that the store threw the box away. If shoes are donated in the box to the stores in my locale, the boxes are thrown away to save space on the shelves ( when in reality, the box doesn't take up much more space than the shoes themselves do) unless they are obvious high-end stuff that would go in the case.
I'm far from an expert, as I've only seen one in person before (true vintage) and my memory is kind of fuzzy. That looks real to me though. Any labels hidden inside the pockets on on the inside seams? That would be a tell-tale sign of a repro. I also think these were made well into the 50's, so even though it may be vintage, narrowing it down to a specific decade may be the tough part. Either way, vintage or not, that is a killer find.
This is our personal closet. Stuff to sell goes in the standard size closet in my office. Nothing special there and it's a bit of a disaster right now...