Posts by Nataku

Two cool finds from today.
Some ski shop must have dumped their excess inventory. Grabbed a stack of NWOT Burton jackets and pants for $15 each after discounts. Wish it was a bunch of NWT Tom Ford suits, but I can't complain as the time of year is perfect for these The coolest find of that haul was this, which sadly is probably worth less than a Burton jacket.
This.
Son's thrift fit: Polo bear sweater (.25 from garage sale) Carter's pants (.50 from garage sale) Robeez socks (gift)
Yeah, the guy who sold it to her told her that as well, so she passed the info on to me and told me not to play any of my "good" records with it. Haha. Using a beat-up copy of the White Album. Definitely a novelty, but so cool.
Somewhat thrift related. My wife's gift to me. She knows me well. VW's and records are a couple of my long-time hobbies. Why not combine both? I guess a Japanese company made a limited run of reproductions, but they sold out super fast. So she tracked down this original from the 70's. She found it on Etsy. Found in a thrift store in LA (of course...). Super cool. Definitely a novelty piece more than anything, but wow. Never knew something like this existed.
Merry Christmas, everyone!Awesome finds. Pretty sure that Filson is their Forestry Cloth Cruiser. I found one a couple years back and it gets a lot of wear. I sent pics to Filson and they told me mine was from the 40's.That wool shirt looks like a WWII (or possibly Korea) era wool field shirt.
Decided to break the Boglioli Dover jacket in tonight for Christmas Eve Service. I think the fit is pretty good, right off the GW rack. No alterations. I've since sold all my overcoats/top coats, so this will have to suffice. Luciano Barbera herringbone coat with suede details (collar up to show suede lining). Blazer: Boglioli (thrift) Shirt: Isaia (thrift) Trousers: Polo RL flannel (thrift) Coat: Luciano Barbera (thrift) Socks: Marcoliani (free) Shoes: RL Stanton...
Man, looking at the past couple days on here really makes me wanna hit the stores. Well done, guys!
This. I guess it depends on how hard the stores you go to are hit and their location. You'll have better luck digging through the crates out on the floor at a hole-in-the-wall store out in the middle of no-where rather than one in a suburban area.The stuff out on the floor at the stores in my area have all been sifted through a thousand times over. Vinyl has became so popular lately, everyone and their brother digs through records. The new arrival carts are hit harder than...