or Connect

Posts by Nataku

EasyE's coat find inspired me to get out today. Figured the Super Bowl and all the parties would have most people at home today like I've seen in past years so I would have the stores to myself. Boy was I wrong. Everyone probably had the same idea as I did. I did get one thing and the cashier was kind enough to let me use a 50% off one item coupon that expired yesterday. It was pricey otherwise. Aquascutum D/B Irish Tweed 3/4 overcoat. Tagged a 42.
Easy: That coat is absolutely insane! Candidate for this year's Thrifties for sure.Hard to see from the label photo (it's worn), but I'd say it's an M-65 made between 1968 and 1970. The label looks like 68-69 but hard to tell. They switched to brass zippers in 1972, I believe.
Sitting here doing listings and thinking about stuff I found and really regret selling. What are your top finds that you really regret selling? Mine: #1. Breitling Aerospace Navitimer with box, original documentation and service receipts. Paid $40. Sold $500. Really wish I would have kept. #2. About 50 or 60 of Easton Press's 100 Greatest Books Ever Written. All in excellent shape. Got them all for $100. Took them to Half Price Books that day and sold them for $250....
Nice finds! Any fabric content labels on that champion? If true vintage, that's a huge score. I sold a 50's Champion Processed Sportswear gym t-shirt for $150 awhile back (auction, not BIN). Could be from Todd Snyder's collab with Champion too, but I think that's all made in Canada and didn't mention the chest size on the sizing. My vintage t-shirt was just labeled a 46.
Some great stuff ending tomorrow night (Saturday, 1/31)! Lots of stuff going super cheap. All items start at $4.99 with no reserves! http://www.ebay.com/sch/zelda58/m.html?item=371242145941&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 Shirts/Tops Woolrich Woolen Mills Daiki Suzuki Upland Field Shirt Engineered Garments Sz L Ralph Lauren Purple Label Brown Orange Houndstooth Check Casual Shirt Sz L $450 Vineyard Vines Murray Shirt Pink White Gingham...
Sympathy weight. I gained 13 lbs over the past year. My wife is losing her baby weight. I haven't lost any of mine.
Found a few things today. 1964 Pac boot. Sz 12 3 Brioni shirts all in a row for $4.99 each. Collar worn.... But couldn't leave this behind. Rest of the shirt is perfect.
Heard from a friend that the Scottsdale area is where it's at for thrifting. Curious to know if it's really as good as they were saying.
Look for a stereo repair shop. They're scarce these days but they still exist. I just had my old Kenwood receiver serviced by my local repair guys.Honestly, I'd scrap everything electronic in there and use it as a stereo cabinet for some more modern stuff (mid-late 70's stuff is great). Still vintage, will still use that awesome cabinet but will sound way better.This guy went all out but it can be done a lot quicker and...
Just a few things today.Vintage Polo RL suit. Pretty early piece. Made in March 1974. According to some reading I did, the first Polo RL ads appeared in NYC in 1974. Measures like a 42 R [[SPOILER]] This is why I go through t-shirts.