or Connect

Posts by Nataku

Haha! Pretty much....
I haven't found a decent pair of jeans in ages.This. I'll wander over into the least-traveled area of the store (thankfully we have good, even lighting in the thrifts up here with no dark corners that can hide flaws on clothing) and sort before I pay.As far as competition goes, Minnesota is almost as bad as LA, with about 10% of the quality/quantity. At any given time there's at least 7-10 pro flippers in the stores I frequent. Granted not all of them flip clothing, but...
No clothing finds today, but for the first time in what seems like forever I was at the right place at the right time to catch one of those elusive record collection donations. Sorry for the sideways photos. Still can't figure out why it does that. And inspired by amerikajinda's find, I perused the art section for the first time in quite awhile. Found this for $4.99. Probably not worth a whole lot but will look nice in my son's room. Might toss it on the bay...
Very true. The thrift stores around here put out new stuff pretty much all day. Most stores here don't play favorites with customers so everything at those places makes it to the sales floor. You're right, it is all luck and timing. I got that LV suitcase at a heavily hit store and there are usually vultures waiting around for new arrival carts, especially at the time I was there. That particular Friday afternoon is was dead.
Actually, some of my best finds have been on Saturdays. Weekday mornings are usually pretty bad around here and many times I wonder why I bothered going out at all. All the pro flippers are out and thrifting can get extremely stressful. Weekends seem to be when a lot of the pros stay home and the "weekend warriors" are out. They don't seem to be as aggressive/intense as the full-time flippers as most are just out there for the fun of the hobby.
Any fellow MN thrifters want to join me in picking through that old farmstead I mentioned awhile ago? With spring upon us and what the company who owns the property told me, I don't think the place is going to be there much longer. Anything there is free for the taking. I'm going back again tomorrow and maybe during the week. PM me if you're interested.
Yeah, I'd say late 60's.Couple of my favorite snacks from Trader Joes:
Aaah, I was just basing my assumption off the lettered sizing and the colors. Got a full pic of the piece in question?
Not super old. Probably late 60's.
Loads of goodies ending tomorrow (Sunday, March 22) evening. Everything going very cheap. All items start at just $4.99 with no reserves! http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=zelda58&_sop=10 Suits/Sportcoats Modern Ermenegildo Zegna Solid Green Super 100's Wool Suit. 40 S $2995 Recent Brioni Palatino Super 150's Charcoal Pinstripe Suit. Side Vent 42 L $5995 Canali Exclusive Collection Super 150's Black Blue Stripe 3 Btn Suit US 42 44...