or Connect

Posts by pnin22

Orient Bambino
I got new rubber heels put on my Patriot loafers at a local shop ($20). Does this mean they're ineligible for AE recrafting in the future?
Any recommendations for a modern or vintage mechanical hand-winding (not automatic) watch? One with a mineral crystal is preferred (domed even better!). There's a glut of Chinese made ones like this no-name watch on Overstock, or the Parnis on ebay. Any others?
Not appropriate for job interviews or blowing coke with your wall st homies. For everything else, you're solid.
San Diego Marshalls in UTC has about two dozen Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suits (solid navy and med-gray), sized 40S - 46R, all $299. Labeled hand crafted, USA union made. Very nice fabric and fits slim, wish they were my size.
Anyone here actually prefer dress shirts made from a poly-blend fabric? I find that the 60/40% cotton/polyester shirts feel cooler and stay shaped longer than 100% cotton. I've got some shirts by Stafford (JCPenney house brand) that I prefer to nice cotton oxfords. As for longevity -- I don't normally own shirts for more than a few years anyway... much longer thread on this is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/13820/why-are-cotton-poly-blend-shirts-undesirable
Interesting question. I don't have an answer, but could you share more background about your project / query?
I have a pair of AEs which I condition with Lexol (once / month) and apply meltonian cream (once / week). I've noticed that whenever I condition them, they acquire a smell which persists for weeks. It's kind of musty and somewhat acrid, but not altogether unpleasant -- kind of a old-leather-jacket smell. It is coming from the outside of the shoe, not the inside. It is quite strong to the point that every once in a while I am aware of it while walking down the street. ...
Hugo von Bossenshaften (a.k.a. Hugo Boss) was a Nazi camp guard in WWII. So no, it's totally not Okay.