or Connect

Posts by Sunnydale

I've had great luck avoiding the flu by taking vitamin D3. Since I began taking the sunshine vitamin four years ago I haven't had a cold since. Don't know if it will help with a current cold but figure it could. I have not read many articles about D3 fighting infections but here are a couple I've recently seen about that idea: http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...swine-flu.html http://www.drbriffa.com/blog/2010/02...nfection-free/
I eat a paleo/ low carb diet. I mention low carb because the paleo diet allows unlimited fruit consumption. I limit my sugar fruit intake. Basically I feel great following the paleo diet. I used to have tremendous stomach problems but that has all but gone away. My energy levels have increased, the afternoon after lunch fog disappeared, my skin complexion is clear as can be, my hair stopped thinning and has grown thicker, my weight lifting work outs are great, etc. -...
I had low HDL cholesterol. My original test was 29 if I remember correctly. Now I'm in the 60 range. What I did to raise my HDL was similar to what you mention, lowered my carb intake, and take 1000mgs of niacin. Something else that really helped with raising my HDL was taking vitamin D3. This winter I'm taking 8000ius of D3 a day so that I'm testing between 60 to 70ng/ml. Here is an article on HDL and D3 from a...
I did 100 pushups this morning, 4 sets of 25. I hired a trainer Oct and pushups seem to be one of the latest exercise kicks of his. No pull ups yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter of fuck, I was just cold before. now I am cold and worried about amputation and goiters. but thanks all I'm just here to brighten your day! And to make you feel even better, us mid-westeners are considered to be living in the middle of the "goiter belt." Not much iodine in the ground around here. Even more reasons why I really need to move to Florida soon!
Problems with thermoregulation can be caused by a low functioning thyroid. I had the same problem, lost some weight and when winter came around felt cold all the time. Now I feel fine. What I ended up doing was supplementing with iodine/ kelp tablets. Iodine helps keep goiters at bay - and a goiter is a sign of a poor functioning thyroid. I suspect what happened is when loosing weight I was eating better and eating less salt, and since salt is ionized, I was not...
I have not begun drinking tea yet, but have read positive health study information about it at: http://nephropal.blogspot.com/search/label/tea green tea in particular seems to be good at reducing LDL oxidation, and improving insulin sensitivity.
The ones I noticed the most are: 6000ius of vitamin D3 2000mgs of EPA/DHA Fish oil Krill oil kelp/iodine Curcumin /turmeric
Linus Pauling was right, he was just off by one letter. I've been taking vitamin D3, the sunshine vitamin, for a few years to prevent colds, along with other reasons. It has worked great. I have not had a cold since nor have friends and family that take D3 had colds either. A doctor's blog that I follow had a nice write up on how D3 helped him and patients avoid the swine flu. I imagine D3 would do the same thing at helping one get over a cold quicker. ...
I know I would feel run down and lethargic if I didn't get my gym exercise fix in. Personally I would chance it. To echo what Star mentions, take precautions by washing hands often, eat well, and in addition take vitamin D if you are not already. I began taking D3 a few years ago and to my surprise have not had a cold since. And I guess that is a common finding with D3 about cold prevention. Here is one article that talks about swine flu and D3...